• March 29, 2024, 05:38:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Charging options/theories  (Read 900 times)

Ndm

• View Profile
Charging options/theories
« on: August 21, 2015, 08:02:11 AM »

i just bought spenny818's bike and have it up at my solar powered cottage, I plugged it in to the 2500 watt inverter and voila it was charging - but at a rate that taxed my system after the sun went down, I won't be riding it much up here but do spend a few weeks in the summer, I've always brought my bikes up for vacations but am not putting on more than 80 km max every day or two, the whole point is that while I have full sun I think it would be better for the system to charge at say an fx speed (650 watts) so as to replace the small amount I use during the early morning rides, this leads me to the idea to buy an fx charger or do a meanwelll rsp system at a lower watt/amperage , any thoughts, I will be getting j1772 to charge at my work but want a simple & small charger to do the cottage charge once or twice a year. P.S. I spooked a family of deer , just driving down my driveway! This is one of the best things about a zero!
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
Re: Charging options/theories
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:14:40 AM »

The Elcon chargers can be setup to provide a variable output current from zero amps to the max rated amps for the given charger. You could then just dial up the current to your requirements - available solar etc
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »

One of the questions I thought about was doesn't the elcon need to have the onboard charger working to engage it? In which case the Elcon would be in addition to  the onboard charger, am I right or did I miss on my interpretation?
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:56:16 PM »

Go back to find my postings about triggering the solenoids to to connect the Anderson connector and start charging with an outboad charger. I'm using 2 Mean Wells on my e-trike conversion and had to set it up that way since there was no on-board charger to begin with.

Trikester
Pages: [1]