• April 25, 2024, 11:02:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'd like to have your opinion on a zero X 2009 (with probably dead battery)  (Read 704 times)

sroddier

• View Profile

Hello everyone,
I am currently looking to buy a zero X 2009, I just had the guy selling it at the phone and it seems that the battery has been flat for quite a long time. (He bought the bike 1 year ago and he did use the bike only once, he bought it from a company which went bankrupt, so the bike should be like new).

He is willing to sell the bike for 1000€ (I am living in France), do you think it is still a good deal if the battery is dead?

I spend quite a lot of time on this forum and on endless sphere looking for solutions. The bike is an offroad bike. So i'm not looking now to have a very great range, just to make it works with as little money as possible.

I would probably go with a lipo solution from hobbyking, using 2 zippy 7S 25C in series (2 parrallele). So 4 zippy at a cost of 230€ -> 0.5Wh, 3.5kg, 250A continuous.
So it would make a 14S battery 52V-58V
Do you think charger of the zero X 2009 will be able to charge it, what about the bms and the controller?
Thank you very much for any advice. :)

PS: I have an ebike from goldenmotor (smartpie with internal controller), do you know if it could support de 58V battery. It will make the built of the battery pack even more useful.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:41:24 PM by sroddier »
Pages: [1]