• April 26, 2024, 08:19:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Front brake squeal fixed  (Read 5822 times)

Kocho

• View Profile
Re: Front brake squeal fixed
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 07:21:11 AM »

I can confirm that these pads work on my SR too. Just received and installed the same carbon-ceramic front pads and drove for a couple of miles. You can look-up the various other models available at Brembo's web site - they list fitment for Zeros. These are the quietest yet and no squeal. Got them from the same place in Italy, delivered via FedEx to the US pretty quickly - less than 10 days from order to delivery. About $50 all said and done.

While at it, I also cleaned and lubricated the front caliper pins (I used synthetic caliper grease that seems to work great in my cars). I can tell you the caliper was not well lubricated from the factory and felt a bit sticky. After the lube, now it seems to be smooth and there is no pad dragging. I highly recommend you check your calipers too - mine feels much better after the lube.

NEWS FLASH: I just eliminated the front brake squeal on my street FX, with only a pad change.  I used Brembo 07KA1705 carbon-ceramic pads I got from Mad4Brakes.com in Italy, which feel more powerful and come on more quickly (with less lever pressure) than the stock TT2508HH pads.  They also broke in easily, in maybe 10-15 light applications.  There's a possibility the squeal will return, but none of the other pads I tried got rid of it completely, even temporarily.

Ray
'15 Zero SR

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 07:54:19 AM »

I'm glad those pads worked well for you too.  I've got another Mad4Brakes order en route - I figured if the carbon/ceramic pads worked so well, I'd try out a few other Brembos too.

Yes, the caliper pins are critical, especially on Zeros.  I've been lucky with my Nissin fronts - both came well greased, and still move freely. Not my J Juan rear calipers, though; one 25mm is OK, but the other 25mm - and the new 30mm I installed recently - both had sticking & galling pins.  I figured the clear grease in the new 30mm must be OK  - hey, it's brand new! - so I left it in, but it started scraping & seizing up after 2 days of light use.  It's not a huge deal to pull the wheel off and re-grease it, but I feel like such a fool to have trusted J Juan not to use crap grease despite knowing full well what a half-assed outfit they are.

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »

One of the first things I did to my FX was replace the front pads with EBC Carbon X (TT in Europe). From howling embarrassment to stealth fighter.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]