• March 28, 2024, 06:32:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero FX Mods & Accessories - Helmet Lock, iPhone Mount & Lowering 1"  (Read 2037 times)

ryneodonnell

• View Profile

Hello,

Happy Saturday! This new FX is insane and every time I ride it I giggle like a little kid. The bike is new to me, so I thought I'd ask some experienced folks some questions on modifications/accessories.

I'm looking for the following:

- iPhone mount (preferably dead center, right over the Zero handlebars
- Helmet Lock (to lock helmet to bike) - the ones I found seem to not fit our frame
- Lowering front & rear suspension 1" without damaging the performance (I'm 5'7)
- Supermoto tires - what do you all recommend for 95% street, 5% dirt?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your input!

Cheers to health,

Ryne

kphonik

• View Profile
Re: Zero FX Mods & Accessories - Helmet Lock, iPhone Mount & Lowering 1"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

Ive got a zero phone mount to sell. I bought it w my new FX and havent used it so its ready to come off and go to a new home!

Pm if you're interested!

ryneodonnell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 10:23:57 PM »

Awesome! Which model is it? Can you link me to a photo or website that shows specs?

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »

I quickly gave up on the stock "helmet lock", which is useless since a normal helmet strap can't reach, and got one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EE56UAG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

It works beautifully as a helmet lock, but it's pretty flexible for other needs as well, since it's not attached to the bike and the shape allows it to be used to secure a wide variety of things. It's not incredibly well made, but it's plenty adequate to discourage opportunistic thieves that would take something if it wasn't secured at all.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

kphonik

• View Profile

steven_first

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:05 PM »

I lowered my front by 1/4" in the front by moving the triple tree down the forks.  Not much of a change but it helped with doing the twinkle toe's back up maneuver! I don't think you can do much about the rear though without changing the shock.  I am working with an aftermarket manufacture on trying to get softer springs front and rear but that is way up in the air now but if it comes through that well help me with my preload.  The preload on the FX is to be about 2 inches front and rear and I only get about 1/2 and bumps are firm to say the least.   
Pages: [1]