• March 29, 2024, 03:16:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Merry Christmas oh wait that just my dash going bat sh&@  (Read 831 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Merry Christmas oh wait that just my dash going bat sh&@
« on: June 12, 2015, 10:33:14 AM »

Well from my posts on the 2013 15 section my 2013 DS is sick.  It went from "funny I don't have all my bars and the regen is in and out" to clicking the tune funky town when I plugged it up (not really funky town as that would be awesome) and a very slow low apm cycling charge past 8 bars.
I let it charge for about 15 hours and had to unplug it when I left so no storm damage.  When I got back home I plugged it back in and I got blinking warning light too fast to count blinking temp light though the temp had dropped to around 80 and the all clear green light at the top right was blinking too.  My only state dealer is way backed up with ICE bikes said it will be about 3 weeks before they could even look at it and being that busy they aren't going to want to take too much time working on my little electric toy. I had a firmware update back in DEC don't know if more have come out since.  Maybe a bad BMS  or battery I was thinking maybe bad charger but when the battery was lower at 5 bars I got a good solid quiet 10 amp charge and didn't act up for 2.5 hours and 3 kwh later.  Anyone have any guesses or had this happen to them?

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas oh wait that just my dash going bat sh&@
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »

The rapidly flashing lights indicates an isolation error, when the temp and green lights go its one type of isolation (bms/battery?) and when the warning light flashes its the other type (chassis?) I forget which way round it is though.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas oh wait that just my dash going bat sh&@
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »

Talked to my dealer today and I have a bad BMS and since I'm out of warranty it's going to run me $800 and about a month of down time.  So two years on the 2nd most important part of the bike after the battery.  Not happy.  Hell I got the DS to be a bit tougher take more bumps and jarring and other than my front yard I've never had it off road. I guess I need to notify the DOT may to recall.
Pages: [1]