• April 23, 2024, 09:22:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hahahaaa.... got "hit" on my Zero  (Read 2230 times)

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
Re: Hahahaaa.... got "hit" on my Zero
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »

Well first off, having the woman hit me at the intersection was a reaction to taking shit from the cops about 1) "lanesplitting" when I'd been shoved out of my lane and was trying to avoid a car and 2) "road rage" when I beeped my horn when a car shoved into my lane. In both situations the car trying to run me over was ignored.

I saw what the dynamics were, and the fact I could control the situation to the point that *I* was the hittee for a change, and get her busted for her crappy driving.

There would have been no collision had she looked where she was going and not barged over.

There would have been no collision had I not been yelled at for moving over for a car to avoid hitting them. Twice.

Fine, you don't want me moving over, officer? I'll let them hit me. So I did.

I'd already been hit sideways like that by a red-light runner, so I knew what the situation was and how to deal with it.

The Cadillac tailgated me not once but THREE TIMES, even after I slowed down to 15mph below the limit AND moved over 3 lanes to let her pass. I'd been hit from behind before, so I was braced for it and I controlled that situation too, by slowing down to 30mph first.

The truck that hit her was obviously following too closely as well, and got what he deserved. Why would I feel sorry for him? He needs to learn to drive too, and stop tailgating.

I've also been hit by a left turner. Fortunately, I was able to sue the old lady and get a down payment for my house.

So if you see an SR with a bumper sticker on the Givi bag saying "WARNING: I DRIVE AS BAD AS YOU DO" and wearing full ATGATT even in the 100deg heat - well, keep out of the blast radius.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:55:23 AM by CrashCash »
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »

Crash, do you think there's a single rider on this forum who hasn't experienced stuff like that? That's what you're signing up for when you ride on public roads. Mostly they're not malicious, just stupid, but even when they are malicious, just remind yourself how pathetic their little lives must be that they're taking it out on other people in traffic, and decline to do the same thing yourself.

In other words, grow the fuck up. You'll enjoy life more, and there will be a longer life for you to enjoy.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »

I held off on this for a bit, shaking my head every time you've posted your so-called "justifications".

Here's a tip: Get over your anger issues, or get off your motorcycle. I always have to force myself to just be the better person, especially when on a bike. Always consider that everyone is out to get you when you put that helmet on, and its life or death and your ONLY goal is to not get into an accident. You did not meet your goal, on more than one occasion.

Remember this: Sometimes people fuck up, sometimes people are jerks,, sometimes people are in a hurry, sometimes people are just not aware of their surroundings, sometimes people don't plan ahead...... SO WHAT!!!!

When you go out there on a motorcycle, you're a TARGET. If you let it get to you, and PURPOSELY try to cause an accident that could be avoided if you would just take a breath and perform some simple evasive maneuvers, then you're no better than any of the other assholes on the road. Pull over, put your big-boy pants on, let them get around you and continue on.

You let a couple bad interactions in the past influence your judgement in this case with another driver who may have been in the wrong, but you PURPOSELY chose to ignore good judgement and not only put your safety in danger, but hers as well. How much would you be laughing if you were paralyzed and could no longer enjoy the simple things in life and required long-term care from someone who has to wipe your ass because you can no longer do so?

All for what? To be right? To teach someone a lesson? So you could sue them? To make a point?

SMH

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:53:06 PM by frodus »
Travis

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Re: Hahahaaa.... got "missed" on my Zero
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 08:53:19 AM »

I heard the signal light relay clicking next to me.

Twisted on throttle and cleared the area.

Silence saves lives!
Pages: 1 [2]