• April 26, 2024, 10:17:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hahahaaa.... got "hit" on my Zero  (Read 2231 times)

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
Hahahaaa.... got "hit" on my Zero
« on: May 30, 2015, 12:50:56 AM »

There's this intersection where the right two lanes are through, and the left leads to two left-turn lanes.

So people will go down the left lane and try to jam in at the last instant... no turn signals, no nothing, f**k anybody that leaves the tiniest gap.

I'm coming back from lunch, and there's an OC sheriff cruiser a car behind me.

Of course this car comes zooming in. I saw her out of the corner of my eye, and I pretended to look right as she came over, so I could be surprised she banged into me. I made a big drama of the "surprise" and wobble, and the cop ticketed her.

She cried! She actually "broke down" and cried! It was an Oscar performance on both sides! I had to walk away so I would not completely crack up laughing.

No damage to the bike, the side bag and my knee pad took the slight impact.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Re: Hahahaaa.... got "hit" on my Zero
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:32:40 AM »

Risky business, but well played sir.  Well played.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 04:38:32 AM »

The last time something like that happened, I ended up between the 2 cars when the guy shoved in, and I got a lecture from the cop about lanesplitting being illegal, so I figured "next time...."

In college (late '80s) when I was riding my RZ-350, I was going down the left lane of University Blvd doing about 55, when I noticed a Cadillac about 6 inches off my butt.

I moved over to the middle lane and slowed down to the speed limit (45mph), looked in my mirror -- a Cadillac about 6 inches off my butt.

I moved over to the right lane and slowed down to about 35 to let her go by... looked in my mirror -- FOR THE THIRD TIME a Cadillac about 6 inches off my butt!

So I said to myself... "she looks like she can afford something better than a clapped out RZ-350" and when I got to my neighborhood, I stood on the brakes.

Well that there Caddy had some 'o dem brand new ABS brakes thingies and miraculously stopped without hitting me. I was a little disappointed after bracing myself.

However there was a huge BANG as the truck behind her did not!

I was like "oops, looks like this is my turn!" and went home.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:40:25 AM by CrashCash »
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 05:30:42 AM »

You missed a trick with the cadillac. If you yank on the handbrake your brake lights don't show.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »

It's been a while, but, I can't recall the location of the handbrake
on an RZ 350.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »

Lol damnit. I genuinely read you were driving a 350Z. Which also doesn't make sense because they  aren't that old,  but I guess I assumed that nobody would want to be deliberately rear ended on a motorbike so my brain compensated.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »

I feel sorry for the truck driver, he have to pay for the her repairs or pay insure excess. :(

BenS

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »

It's been a while, but, I can't recall the location of the handbrake
on an RZ 350.
It's on the right side of the handlebar, just like on most bikes!  ;)
2015 FX 5.7, DIY Electric "Jesse James" chopper bicycle, and DIY Electric 26" Lowrider bicycle. ('10 KTM 530exc, '06 GasGas EC250, '06 YZ450F, '06 GSXR1000.)

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »

Without modification, the one on the right handlebar activates the rear light.
With OLD SCHOOL bikes, you could actually turn off the head and tail lights.
If you had that option, you could turn the lights on and off a few times,
THEN after the person tailgating stops slowing down, you can hit the brakes.

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »

Am I the only one here that thinks this is a crazy story? I've spent a good part of my life on two wheels always trying to avoid contact with automobiles and you actually choreograph a collision? That is beyond risky, it is foolhardy. Pretending not to see her and baiting her into hitting you is unbelievable to me. Her "Oscar performance" may have been genuine as hitting someone on a motorcycle when you're in a car could certainly be traumatic, even a minor hit. And the risk to you? Can you predict exactly how she is goning to place her car to stage  the perfect fake accident?

The second story is just as shocking to me. You actually tried to get someone to rear-end you?! And partly because you figured she had money? And you were disappointed that she didn't hit you? I just can't wrap my mind around that. What if she didn't brake at all? - you could have been killed. She gets rear-ended by the guy behind her because of your unnecessary braking and your reaction is a cavalier "oops"? To me, that is a criminal act. For all you know there were injuries...caused by you. I find this "teach someone a lesson" attitude completely wrong-headed and primitive. It is dangerous enough out there without trying to cause accidents on purpose. I am sorry, but none of this is funny to me at all.  There is no "hahaha" in these stories.

2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 09:11:08 AM »

Well said, I've been thinking how to word exactly what you just said michaeljohn, I spend my riding time trying to avoid these situations, anyone who's gone down knows it's not worth teaching a lesson over,-ATGATT-skin spreads like butter at any speed
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »

While I was adding fuel to the fire so to speak, I agree that
no matter how carefully choreographed, the intersection of
two and four wheels, it leaves way too much to chance. I
have been riding motorcycles for over half a century,
and have been fortunate enough to have had only one
negative interaction with a cage. They still try, but,
have been so far unsuccessful. People say that the
Zero is dangerous because it is so quiet. I have people
trying to take me out on my loud ICE bikes as often
as on my Zeros. Fortunately, starting out on two
wheels, I was able to develop a better awareness
of what cage drivers are going to do. I figure that
nobody else on the road is paying attention, so,
I have to pay attention for all of them. So far
it has served me well. The one interaction that I
had with a cage would have been much worse
had I not played out various scenarios of what
the cages involved were going to do.

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »

Am I the only one here that thinks this is a crazy story? I've spent a good part of my life on two wheels always trying to avoid contact with automobiles and you actually choreograph a collision? That is beyond risky, it is foolhardy. Pretending not to see her and baiting her into hitting you is unbelievable to me. Her "Oscar performance" may have been genuine as hitting someone on a motorcycle when you're in a car could certainly be traumatic, even a minor hit. And the risk to you? Can you predict exactly how she is goning to place her car to stage  the perfect fake accident?

The second story is just as shocking to me. You actually tried to get someone to rear-end you?! And partly because you figured she had money? And you were disappointed that she didn't hit you? I just can't wrap my mind around that. What if she didn't brake at all? - you could have been killed. She gets rear-ended by the guy behind her because of your unnecessary braking and your reaction is a cavalier "oops"? To me, that is a criminal act. For all you know there were injuries...caused by you. I find this "teach someone a lesson" attitude completely wrong-headed and primitive. It is dangerous enough out there without trying to cause accidents on purpose. I am sorry, but none of this is funny to me at all.  There is no "hahaha" in these stories.
+1
Change your attitude or get off a motorcycle.
But wait, you may do the same thing in a car and that's even more dangerous...
So please change your attitude!

Listen to the "This is water" speech once every month would be my prescription for you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »

When I saw the first and second posts by the OP, I had two thoughts: Internet/keyboard tough guy who's full of crap, or Darwin award candidate who'll take care of himself soon enough. Either way, is anybody impressed?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 07:41:11 PM »

Being one of thoes younger Wilder riders on this forum let me say this

I've been hit by a Prius, while riding a 50 cc motorcycle turning left into my driveway, I had a lady think who knows what just go to pass me over the double yellow and just straight ran my ass down!
One of the most unpleasant days of my life! Lucking I didn't die from getting a concussion and then falling to sleep because I was extremely tried after the event and just wanted to my down and "rest"

When I read this I stopped 2 lines in loosing all respect I had for your crash!
I would never try to get a vehicle to hit me....

Wise up and maybe you can gain some respect back..... For now.   Sorry dumbass
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's
Pages: [1] 2