• April 27, 2024, 07:39:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AC Induction Motor Question  (Read 2938 times)

Voltaggio

AC Induction Motor Question
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »

I'm looking at the AC induction motors from Electric Motorsport.  Has anyone purchased one of these?  I'm wondering if there is any difference in the motor itself among the different models (AC-9, AC-12, etc.).  According to Electric Motorsports they are all the same weight and dimensions, so I'm wondering if the difference is just in the controller.  Anyone have any info?

picasso

• View Profile
Re: AC Induction Motor Question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 01:53:30 AM »

From what I have seen online same motor for them all, two different controller options. Its made or was made by high performance golf cars inc out of CA? Few forums have talked about this motor. Google around and you should be able to find them. I've looked at getting it myself but my only want for it was regen. The MARS or Perm132 are good for a motorcycle just keep the weight down. I was looking at the bigger AC stuff for a Honda Pilot I have here. Was thinking of just using two Zero X Batts.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:03:28 AM by picasso »

Voltaggio

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:06:48 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I guess the cost difference must be in the controller itself then.  I might get the cheapest one to start and maybe upgrade the controller (and add batteries) later to get more hp.  Do you know of any other companies making AC induction motors in the 50 lb range?

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 09:50:32 PM »

I've talked with Bill @ HPGC, there are a couple of different motors that HPG puts out (different voltage and current ratings), and there are 2 Curtis AC controllers, a 350A and a 550A version.

From what Bill said, the AC-12 and AC-15 motors are different motors, same diameter. One is made to go higher voltage (different windings). This will maximize the performance of the motor for that voltage.

Travis
Pages: [1]