• April 25, 2024, 10:57:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2015 Zero FX dead . . . this was my trade assist for a 2013 that died . . .  (Read 2279 times)

walla2

• View Profile

My brand new 2015 FX is now dead.  Same exact problem as my 2013 FX.  It was plugged in at 100 % yesterday.  Today, the screen is dead, the BMS chips don't have any indicators, Zero support is sleeping. 

I took over 18 months to trade assist my dead 2013.  They basically gave up on fixing it.  Now my 2015 is dead with the same error / symptoms.  I am so f ing frustrated . . .

steven_first

• View Profile

I would guess that the issue (what is broken) is not the same and that the symptoms are the same.  First and foremost, did you check the fuses?  Is there any click or any noise at all during key on?  Do your headlights turn on, turn signals?  I have a 2015 FX so I may be able to help you with basic tests if you like.

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile

Have you checked your AC line voltage and outlet wiring?

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

steven_first

• View Profile

Have you checked your AC line voltage and outlet wiring?

Ray

Doing that kind of stuff assumes the person in question knows electronics, and knows how to deal with high voltage.  It is best to start with troubleshooting that can be done by a...less electronics minded individual. 

walla2

• View Profile

I immediately did all of this:
1.  Fuses - all checked out fine
2.  Pulled batteries - no bms lights whatsoever
3.  No clicking upon plugging
4.  No lights, no screen, no turn signals, no green light
5.  Outlet is surge protected, grounded 110V that works fine on a 20 amp breaker that isn't tripped and the same room gfci is not tripped
6.  Cord tests fine with a volt meter
7.  Tried switching to just one pack front or back slots using both packs

The bike has 22 miles on it.  Got it here in April and it's been plugged in at 100% awaiting this week's warm weather . . .

Any other help is appreciated.  Still awaiting Zero and the line just takes voice mail so far.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:13:26 PM by walla2 »

Ndm

• View Profile

I'm not sure if this is the right path to take but maybe try PMing aaronzero, I think this would fall under the customer experience category
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

walla2

• View Profile

3 urgent voice mails yesterday and today.  I got through on the fourth call I made and an email was sent to service for me.  Service seemed equally concerned in their phone call and email back.  They want more information but also recommended I get the bike to my dealer.  After this upcoming trip I will have spent a total about 42 hours transporting my dead Zero motorcycles to and from dealets since December 2013 each time at my expense to fix bikes that are supposed to be low maintenance. 

steven_first

• View Profile

I would keep receipts for expenses and track of your hours.  I would then present them to Zero and see what they say.  If they deny or otherwise turn their back to you I would then consider taking legal action.  If you did indeed purchase a bike and it does not work and in fact traded different bike by the same manufacture with similar issues you would have the beginnings of a viable legal case on your hands.  Hopefully it would not come to that but I would not let it slide.

pres68y

• 2013 MX -setup for only Flat Track.
    • View Profile

It's very unlikely that your old 2013 and your new 2015 are both defective in the same sense. Did you have the same charger for both machines? About the 1st thing I'd try is bypassing your GFI receptacle to ensure you are always getting power to the charger. You then can check the voltage going into the charging receptacle on the machine when the charger is supposedly operating. Just use a couple of small insulated wires hooked up to a voltmeter in 100+v dc mode.

walla2

• View Profile

Totally different cables.  2013 cable went back with the 2013 bike.  2015 bike had a new cable.  The outlet is fine and is on a gfci because it's in a garage which can be a wet location.  I will definitely check out the outlet again but I did do that last year. 

I talked to Zero yesterday.  They suspect a motherboard failure.  Back to Seattle service 4.5 hours away to have my brand new bike taken apart like 2014 all over again.   I learned yesterday that my 2013 that was sent back and dissected had a very distinct motherboard failure. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:10:15 PM by walla2 »

walla2

• View Profile

... the beginnings of a viable legal case on your hands.  Hopefully it would not come to that but I would not let it slide.

I've never sought legal representation and have always had better luck dealing directly with a company to right their wrongs.  Zero did trade assist last time which is better than any other car maker would do.   I really hope they do right this time.

webster

• View Profile

Wow that really sucks. Please keep us posted on how Zero handles this issue. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new 2015 FX, but I'm going to wait and see how Zero responds. I'm surprised they did'nt hand deliver a new FX to your doorstep after 2 major issues with their products??? :(

steven_first

• View Profile

just to be clear on my last post.  I am not saying just go out and start a battle but IF nothing happens otherwise you may want to look down legal avenue.  Zero has been very good to me with any issue I have had and would expect that this would be the case for anyone having issues. 

walla2

• View Profile

So the bike made it to service today.  Day 0 and counting.

Hope this is a quick fix and less refurbishing. 

zap mc

• View Profile

Consider outright rejecting the replacement bike.
I don't know what laws you have where you are but it is obviously "not fit for purpose"
"Sorry Zero the bike you gave me doesn't work, take it back and give me one that does or give me my money back." Simple. In our country once you have accepted a repair your rights are reduced.
Pages: [1] 2