• April 27, 2024, 10:51:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Victory Racing is fielding a 2 bike team at Isle of Man TT  (Read 2869 times)

Burton

• View Profile
Re: Victory Racing is fielding a 2 bike team at Isle of Man TT
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 05:28:32 PM »

Any way to compare these times to lap one of ICE bikes?

I realize ICE bikes are not going for their fastest run, since they have at minimal 3 laps, on their first lap but I can't help but think electrics are not too far off lap one times.

Man I really with McGuiness wasn't in ECO mode for stage 1 >__<

How many more years before lap one TT Zero times can beat out ICE lap 3-6 times? Or is it even possible with this track?

How many more years before these bikes can do two laps?
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

roma258

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »

Solid showing by Victory IMO. Will be interesting to see if they come back next year. Should have some good data to work with.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »

http://insideevs.com/mugen-shinden-takes-top-two-iomtt-zero-victory-takes-third/

Thanks Justin!

No problem! :)

I saw the news article before I read this, and thought, holy heck I'm famous! ;)

However I suggest you link to the official PDF times in your news article as well, my times were scrapped off the real time feed and are a bit messy.

Results : http://www.iomtt.com/~/media/Files/2015/Race-results/SES-TT-Zero/Zero%20resulT.pdf
Lap Times: http://www.iomtt.com/~/media/Files/2015/Race-results/SES-TT-Zero/Zero%20sector.pdf

Cheers! :)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »

Solid showing by Victory IMO. Will be interesting to see if they come back next year. Should have some good data to work with.
I Really really do hope they come back, with Motorcysz out of the picture at the moment, the Mugens are dominating the field, and more teams are needed to challange them.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »

Any way to compare these times to lap one of ICE bikes?

I realize ICE bikes are not going for their fastest run, since they have at minimal 3 laps, on their first lap but I can't help but think electrics are not too far off lap one times.

Man I really with McGuiness wasn't in ECO mode for stage 1 >__<

How many more years before lap one TT Zero times can beat out ICE lap 3-6 times? Or is it even possible with this track?

How many more years before these bikes can do two laps?

All the current results are here: http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Info/Results-2015.aspx

Its a 37 mile track, all the Superbikes and Supersports have to refuel every two laps, heck Huchinson nearly lost it on the last couple of corners of the Superstock race because his bike starved in a corner near the end, and ran wide as a result. The elevation changes on this course are fairly tough, and the course is notably fast and unforgiving. Where as Pikes Peak favours EV's, the Snaefell Mountain course is a real challenge for any bike.

Yeah, I was listening to McGuinness (McPint) give an interview at the end of the race, and you could tell he was gutted that he did'nt break the 120mph barrier, he knew that mistake likely cost him the prestige of breaking that barrier. While Guy Martin may have come fourth, someone snapped a picture of him with the biggest shit eating EV grin you have ever seen. He had fun.

The next set of lap times to aim for now are the Superstocks (Race Ready 650cc) these tend to turn in 125>128mph laps, getting to the Supersports and the Superbikes will be tougher as they hit 132mph laps.

However the bikes are getting quicker, to quote McPint,
"You used to be able to keep your flask and sandwiches handy on the tank but not any more. You really have to be on it and make sure you get your racing lines right."
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 07:46:20 PM »

Guy Martin getting off his Victory...

Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:06 PM »

McGuiness wins it at 18:58.743 ; 119.279 mph...

111.62 mph for the Victory bike, that's really respectable.

It's a fantastic showing for their first race at the TT since 2009. McGuiness on the Mugen bike did a 109 mph lap on Mugen's second year. Hopefully not a one-off effort from Victory, it'd be nice to see them continue this in a later year.

I Really really do hope they come back, with Motorcysz out of the picture at the moment, the Mugens are dominating the field, and more teams are needed to challange them.

MotoCzysz might be back next year. I'm pulling for that, of course because I'd love to see MotoCzysz back on track, but more so because it will hopefully mean Michael Czysz is back in good health.

https://twitter.com/MotoCzysz/status/608514531606679552

Hoping to make #theReturn in 2016!  #win #newlaprecord!  Good luck to all in 2015!  Love and miss the IOM!  Save me a rm and a cuppa 2016!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 02:58:23 AM »

MotoCzysz, Victory and Mugen all together at the TT, Bliss...
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:10 AM »

Earlier in the week Guy Martin stepped in to run the qualification lap having not ridden electric before... he deserves a big "THANKS!"

The interview after that lap was a highlight to me.

That "post-first-electric" smile we all have seen or done before - grinning ear to ear and glancing in wonder back at the bike. Guy's nearly incomprehensible (to my American ear) accent giddy chatter about the bike, with the "it just goes dunnit it" being recognizable and then more giddy chatter.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »

Earlier in the week Guy Martin stepped in to run the qualification lap having not ridden electric before... he deserves a big "THANKS!"

That "post-first-electric" smile we all have seen or done before - grinning ear to ear and glancing in wonder back at the bike. Guy's nearly incomprehensible (to my American ear) accent giddy chatter about the bike, with the "it just goes dunnit it" being recognizable and then more giddy chatter.

Always worth listening to Guy, he is as mad as a fruitbat, I'm mean seriously friggin nuts, but he has a real tendency to say exactly what he is thinking. (he's a real PR nightmare by all accounts) So if he likes the bikes, he probably means it.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

thelastdeadmouse

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:56 PM »

Is there any video of the interview?  I'm at work at the moment, but last night I was searching for video of the laps or interview and couldn't find anything except the after race press conference with John McGuinness and Lee Johnston.
Pages: 1 [2]