• April 24, 2024, 04:22:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can i run it?  (Read 1139 times)

lojan

• View Profile
Can i run it?
« on: April 19, 2015, 01:41:46 AM »

Hi there guys I'am working on a project at the moment was just wondering if you guys could let me know if this powertrain system would run, I'am using a moto energy ME-1115 brushless DC motor the specifications are as followed.
Output Power of 12 KW Continuous, 30 KW Peak (at 96 volts)
Designed for long life. No brush maintenance. The motor is 92% efficient at voltages between 24 to 96 VDC. Continuous current of 125 amps AC (180 Amps DC into the motor control). This is a 3-phase, Y-connected Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with an axial air gap and a Sine/Cosine Speed Sensor. It has two stators with a rotor in the center.
This is a 4 pole motor (8 magnets).
The Phase to Phase winding resistance is 0.013 Ohms.
The maximum recommended rotor speed is 5000 RPM.
Voltages from 0 to 96 VDC input to the control.
Torque constant of 0.15 Nm per Amp
The Inductance Phase to Phase is 0.10 Milli-Henry
Armature Inertia is 45 Kg Cm Squared.
Continuous current of 125 Amps AC (180 Amps DC into the motor control).
Peak current of 420 Amps AC for 1 minute (600 Amps DC into the motor control).
Weight of 35 pounds.
Peak Stall Torque if 60 ft lb.
This is an Open Frame, Fan Cooled motor that includes a temperature sensor.

The controller I'am looking at is either a Kelly KHB opto-isolated BLDC motor controller 24-120 V 400A or a sevcon g4845
Frequency of Operation: 16.6kHz.
•Standby Battery Current: < 0.5mA.
•5V Sensor Supply Current: 40mA.
•Controller supply voltage range, PWR, 10 to 30V (24V preferred).
•Configurable battery voltage range, B+, 18V to 136V.
•Analog Brake and Throttle Input: 0-5 Volts. Producing 0-5V signal with 3-wire pot.
•Reverse Alarm, Main Contactor Coil Driver, Meter.
•Full Power Operating Temperature Range: 0℃ to 50 ℃ (controller case temperature).
•Operating Temperature Range:-30℃ to 90 ℃, 100℃ shutdown (controller case temperature).
•Motor Current Limit, 1 minute: 400A.
•Motor Current Limit, continuous: 200A.
•Max Battery Current : Configurable.
Specs for kelly

for the sevcon the min voltage range is 19 Volts and the max operating is 69 volts, nominal battery voltage is 36 to 48 volts DC, peak current is 540Amphs and continuous is 180Amphs.
THe batteries I will be using are LiFePo4 prismatic batteries a battery voltage of 96-102.4 volts, capacity of 100 amphs DOD @80% is 1000, it comes built in with a BMS and a 10 amph battery charger.

I havent gotten round to the drive train yet any thoughts would be appreciated, also when it comes to motor controllers what are the limitations does the controller have to be smaller then the battery amphs? or motors amphs? is there a certain voltage it should fall under? How would i know if it is a bad combination, I 'am sure i read that you can have a controller have more ampherage then the battery but not the other way round is it the same for the motor?
Any help is appreciated thanks alot guys.
:)
Pages: [1]