• March 29, 2024, 06:26:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Proud new Zero SR owner  (Read 3896 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Proud new Zero SR owner
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 08:32:17 PM »

You ought to hear the noise my Zero makes if I try to push it around with the charger power cord connected.   :o  Definitely not a happy camper when I try to do that.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:21:12 AM »

Glad to see that everyone else has the same noise.  Moving it around with the key off seems to require the same force and no noises that way.  Not sure why they would engineer some odd type of assistance from the controller if it's not needed.  I got to put some miles on it today and I am really enjoying it now.  I do feel like the suspension could use a little tuning, maybe because I am light (135lbs).  I did a few hard runs on a straight away and got a flashing overheat light for a few seconds.  I think I remember the manual saying that it is just a warning an won't cut power until I get it even hotter but I was surprised it was that easy to get too hot.  The bike pulls super hard from 30 to 70 but I noticed it's really dialed back from 0-30.  I assume this is so it won't wheelie or spin the tire but it almost seems too restrictive.  I assume there is no way to fiddle with that type of programming correct?  I do hope they get the app fixed so I can adjust the custom mode instead of eco. 
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 07:24:00 AM »

I got to put some miles on it today and I am really enjoying it now. 

I am glad that you are enjoying your new bike! How many miles have you racked up so far? I know you just got it but some ride a lot of miles in a short amount of time (I am not one of those). Would you recommend the bike to someone who doesn't have one yet?
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »

I only have a little over 30 miles on it.  I haven't commuted on it yet because we are getting so much rain right now.  I think the bike isn't perfect but it is pretty darn cool and taking a step in the right direction for the future of vehicles.  I would recommend it.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

Straightedg4lif

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 07:45:01 PM »

I only have a little over 30 miles on it.  I haven't commuted on it yet because we are getting so much rain right now.  I think the bike isn't perfect but it is pretty darn cool and taking a step in the right direction for the future of vehicles.  I would recommend it.

Where are you from? I am in PA and it has been raining here a lot as well. I don't ride in the rain either, not worth the risk to me.
Glad you like it enough to recommend it, although I want one either way. I just fell in love with it after I demoed it last week.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)
2015 Roma Hornet (Sold)
2009 Aprilia Mana (Sold)
1983 GS450A Suzukimatic (Sold)
2016 Dong Fang 200SST (Sold)
2017 Super Soco TS1200R (Current Bike)

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 06:03:41 AM »

I did my first work commute on the bike.  I took it to lunch and let 2 guys take it for some test rides.  I made it home with 11%.  I should definitely make it home with at least 20% for a normal commute.  I guess that works for me but I was hoping it would do a little better than that.  I rarely went over 70mph on it.  I probably averaged about 67mph.  I got to take it for a little joy ride to a biker bar in defiance MO.  I thought the harley guys would kick my bike over but to my surprise I got a lot of interest in it and basically spent the whole time answering questions about it.  Zero is going to have to start paying me for this. ;)  I'm really liking the bike, if there were 2 things I would change it would be the range and the limited torque at low rpms.  I find it to be a little too restrictive.  I just ordered a ram mount, led headlight and running light, and r&g tidy tail.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »

I did my first work commute on the bike.  I took it to lunch and let 2 guys take it for some test rides.  I made it home with 11%.  I should definitely make it home with at least 20% for a normal commute.  I guess that works for me but I was hoping it would do a little better than that.

Congrats on the bike!  What is the distance of your commute?
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 10:57:08 PM »

The commute is about 50 miles all highway.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:47 AM »

I took my wife for a ride today, it was the first time I had a second person on it.  A few times the rear brake made a strange noise.  Sounded a little bit like bubbles under water but I'm just wondering if it was the rotor breaking in.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 02:29:40 AM »

The commute is about 50 miles all highway.

You should probably install the commuter windscreen or similar; I find that getting behind a screen yields a little range boost. You can tell usually feel drag differences at the throttle (drafting makes the biggest difference, but a windshield helps, too).
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »

I took my wife for a ride today, it was the first time I had a second person on it.  A few times the rear brake made a strange noise.  Sounded a little bit like bubbles under water but I'm just wondering if it was the rotor breaking in.

Hey, I heard this a couple of times on my last couple of rides.  Don't recall hearing it before.  Seems to occur on hard rear breaking at very low speed.  Something going on with the belt I think.  I'll check tension today.  I have about 800 miles on the bike (DSR).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 02:15:22 AM »

I got to take it for a little joy ride to a biker bar in defiance MO.

Do you live out that direction?  I live in STL right by Forest Park and you are the only other person I know of in the area that has a Zero.

I was just reading through this thread and saw that you bought from Capital City Motorsports in Springfield, IL.  When I bought my bike Capital City wasn't a dealer yet and I had to go to a dealer in the suburbs of Chicago.  I drove to Capital City Motorsports after they became a dealer and did a test ride of the 2015 SR.  The owner seemed pretty cool.  When I was up there last year the owner told me he had just sold a bike that he was going to be throwing in the back of his truck to deliver to a customer in STL....I wonder if he was talking about your bike?

I'm not sure if you know but there is a dealer right in STL now (Flying Tiger Motorcycles on Manchester right by Schlafly) so there should be a lot more riders in the area soon.

Anyway, if you want to meet up for a ride sometime PM me.
2014 Zero S
Pages: 1 2 [3]