• March 28, 2024, 07:34:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Offering repair help  (Read 1128 times)

steven_first

• View Profile
Offering repair help
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:01:10 PM »

Hello everyone.  I am new here and I do NOT have a Zero yet but well likely have an FX later this year.  I am an electronics technician by trade and I am NOT new to EV's.  I just wanted to offer to anyone with any interest the chance to send me any broken equipment such as chargers and throttles or whatever to have me evaluate them and possibly fix them. My experience with these things is that they often are off the shelf components that are used as is or retrofitted to work in the manufactures product.  That means that a lot of times parts are available without the huge markup...if you know where to look that is.

I noticed a lot of complaints about the speed of the stock on board chargers and would like to look at one and see if there is anything that can be done to "help" this.  Once I get my bike I will poke around at it a bit but I will wait for the warranty to expire before I do anything serious to the bike.

Feel free to respond with questions you may have or PM me if you have anything you may want me to look at for you.  Right now I would not charge except shipping (Pennsylvania USA) to look at something.  Obviously I am new here but I will be an active member and I will do my best to help out where I can.

Thanks guys!

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: Offering repair help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »

Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure your advice will be appreciated. Though as myself I'm in the UK, I doubt I'll be sending any broken gear your way. To expensive... ;)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:42:11 PM »

Welcome. The more knowledge and resources we have, the better.

steven_first

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 05:05:54 AM »

Well even if you can't send things to me if you have any broken chargers and equipment pictures can say a 1000 words.  I well spend some time learning what people know here and share my insights on matters.  I am looking forward to being a contributing member!

steven_first

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »

I am very curious about the BMS boards in these bikes.  Does anyone have any pictures of one?

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 10:09:25 PM »

Do you think you can get some info out of a frozen controller??

You would have to breakdown the controller replace broken part/parts and then I can load software and retrieve my lost dfc  >:(  I need that monster back
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 07:17:41 AM »

I am very curious about the BMS boards in these bikes.  Does anyone have any pictures of one?

Do a search on the forum i'm sure you will find! ;)

btw welcome to the forum! I'm sure your help will be apprecaited !  this will sure save me few hours of help a month too ! 8)

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile
https://youtu.be/iVMPBnfhukM
T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
Pages: [1]