• March 29, 2024, 07:14:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: LED Spots Update - parting traffic  (Read 982 times)

mikeisted

• View Profile
LED Spots Update - parting traffic
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:19:37 AM »

I recall a while ago someone asked what others found useful to 'part the traffic', such as when moving through a queue.  I posted this a few days ago, but only today managed to go out for a proper ride in rush hour.  Whilst the spots are adjusted not to dazzle, I noticed cars pulling over 6 or 7 ahead, which has not been the case with the standard headlamp.  Not bad for £30 and an easy install.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the difference at night.

My original post is here:

http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=4442.0
LED Spots

mikeisted

• View Profile
Re: LED Spots Update - parting traffic
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »

OK, so I have to own up to an embarrassing gaff.

Riding through Bristol yesterday and hitting some jams, I thought I'd switch on my LED running lights.  They were off at the time, but the button on the tank cycles them through high/low intensity, then flashing.

I press the button, and as if by magic the cars part faster than the proverbial sea before Moses.  Even better than usual..

So I get to the front at the traffic lights and catch the reflection of my lights as cars cross in front.  And of course, the lights had gone straight to flash mode.  So that and the bright yellow gear was probably quite enough to scare any car out of the way.   I'll be checking more carefully in future...
Pages: [1]