• April 27, 2024, 10:32:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Engine sound  (Read 1218 times)

M@2015DS

• View Profile
Engine sound
« on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:18 AM »

Have over a 1000 miles on my 2015 DS in a little over a month. One thing has really grown on me about the bike.

And that is the sound of the engine. Especially when I just crank that throttle all the way from a dead stop.

Although it is obviously not the fastest of the Zeros it really takes off pretty damn quick. And the engine doesn't just wind up evenly.

It sounds as if it has spots where it ratchets up the torque. Almost like it is going through gears but seamlessly. It is a very futuristic sound that is like I am taking off in some kind of spaceship!

People definitely do the double take as I accelerate quickly past accompanied by a sound that they are not familiar with.

It's so f'in cool!

Martin

• View Profile
Re: Engine sound
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »

2015's come with an engine. Thats sweet.  ;)

M@2015DS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »

Not just any engine. An electric motor that sounds much different than what people are used to hearing.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 12:01:50 AM »

At a recent antique motorcycle meet I brought my 2013 FX as well as my 1954 AJS 18CS. While hanging around after the day's ride I let riders try out the FX just as i did last year. The neat thing about doing this was that I got to hear my FX in the distance as riders "wound it out" on the street. I had not realized how great that distant whine would sound as the bike quickly went from zero to 85 mph. Loved it!  8)

These guys were also "gonzo" dirt riders and took it through it's paces in the nearby desert land owned by the motel (no public land was damaged). They came back with big grins.

Trikester
Pages: [1]