• April 26, 2024, 11:29:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mission Deliveries  (Read 4329 times)

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
Mission Deliveries
« on: March 04, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »

It is March of 2015.  The last time Mission provided guidance on delivering, they indicated "Summer" of 2015.  Given the cost, I am certain they would give customers a few months heads up on deliveries.  Has anyone heard anything?????
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.

teddillard

Re: Mission Deliveries
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »

On the Mission Facebook page there's a post that says something big is happening, coming soon.  I pinged Mark, and he promised to contact me first with whatever news broke, and said that right now he can't say anything due to NDAs and such. 

As we say in these parts, that, and ten bucks will buy you a cup of coffee (at Starbucks), based on their track record, but time will tell.  Stay tuned, I'll update here as soon as I get a story. 

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:23:44 PM »

I just love NDAs.  They are so useful for keeping your future plans mystical.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:05:30 AM »

We are sneaking up on Mission's latest production delivery promise time frame.  Anyone heard anything?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »

Not me.  And I haven't seen them up at Alice's Restaurant since about a year ago when they displayed their "production" model in the parking lot.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

Fingers still crossed.
I may not have enjoyed my interaction with the company but I do continue to hope they will deliver the bike.  All the pictures look fantastic and the reviews from those who have ridden it seem promising. 
I remember knowing in the back of my mind that I would be screwed if Tesla went out of business (feeling for those Fisker buyers) as there would literally be no way to truly support the car.  I took the leap and have never looked back.  I suppose I would have to revisit that same risk analysis with Mission should they deliver.

teddillard

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »

I'm gonna shoot Mark another email...  who knows, maybe he's forgotten me.  ("...oh crap.  it's that DILLARD guy again...")

;D

teddillard

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »

nuthin.  Not even a "LEAVE ME the HELL alone!".   ;D

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »

Ted,

I'll bet the comment about an update was just made to try and revive interest in the Mission Facebook page. The February 5th post was the first since Sept 17th. It will be interesting to see when/if they ever actually do deliver a bike to anyone though. But Mission will have to deliver a 2015 worthy bike in 2015 and not a 2012 version in 2015 to be successful.

teddillard

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

My guess is it was another case of wishful (or positive, depending on who you are) thinking. 

My feeling from talking to Mark last Fall was that they were really grasping at straws to keep any forward momentum at all.  As time goes on it gets harder and harder to keep any credible "face-front".  I also felt like the straws they were grasping at were getting further and further afield, if you know what I'm trying to say - opportunities were getting further removed from their main focus, and more "hail mary". 

I wish I had some specifics and facts, rather than this vague speculation, but I'm just going on my gut here, and have given him every opportunity to give me some facts. 

I hate to say it, but my personal opinion is that the company is dead in the water.  It's a shame, considering what they had, and when they had it.  But as a (very much insider) friend points out, sometimes things don't go well when you kick your founder out the door. 

::)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 03:16:05 AM »

Kicking the company founder out the door worked for Zero....... ::)

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 07:19:50 PM »

It is a crying shame......
I suspect there are enough interested people (myself included) to do a run of fifty to a hundred "kits" of motors, batteries, frames and other bespoke components sufficient to allow those of reasonable skill to build and register their "home built" electric bike.  I just wish there was a way to access the technology, mainly the motor, inverter, gear reduction set as the rest can be reproduced easily.  The battery would take some work but a lot of this stuff is well known and there are bunches of Tesla Model S battery packs that could be scavenged for batteries.  The work would be in the packaging and thermal management.
Pages: [1]