• April 25, 2024, 09:57:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: charging error?  (Read 992 times)

Burton

• View Profile
charging error?
« on: February 09, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

This morning I go to pull out and figured I should make sure the bike will indeed move forward as I was tinkering with settings last night and wanted to ensure it was in operational mode.

Sure enough... It didn't move forward. So I put it back in garage and noticed a "high voltage" error being thrown to the display. I found this odd given the voltage was reading 115 and wasn't even 100% topped off. So I figured I would open up DVT and check things there. Sure enough, high voltage error. So I changed my max regen back to -40 from the -60 I set it to and recycled the bike via the DVT. Started up great.

Take the bike to work and plug it in, I am greeted with a 10 blink, no pauses, pattern from the warning light while simultaneously seeing the charger light blinking. In a rush to get to work I ignored it and figured it might be "normal" since the last couple of days the pack was too cold to charge coming into work.

Thinking about it now though I need to run back to the garage and look at the connections to the charge controller and I may as well see if there are any BMS errors on the front of the bike while there.

I will post up a video of this later for reference, incase someone else has this issue in the future, and will update with my BMS / connection status shortly.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

Burton

• View Profile
Re: charging error?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:29:55 PM »

Ok ran back to the bike. And it appears the negative cable leading to the battery from the charge controller was disconnected.

Since all my cables sit on top of the battery case it likely got bumped when I was trying to log into the MBB last night.

Good to know. Video posted shortly for those who want to be able to recognize the error.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9
Pages: [1]