• March 29, 2024, 07:16:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: grade zero  (Read 1574 times)

flexydude

• View Profile
grade zero
« on: January 23, 2015, 02:30:41 AM »

quality: 0, customer service: 0, resale value: 0, this customers satisfaction:-0. Biggest mistake I've made in the last 5 years: buying these overpriced pieces of junk. zero is appropriate name.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: grade zero
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:11:56 AM »

There are many on this forum who would disagree with you. THey still one of the most popular Electric Motorbike.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 04:37:42 AM »

I am still happy with my Zero and I have no complaints about my dealer's after-sales service, either.   :)

I think your dealer's lack of support is probably the big issue - and also perhaps how close your dealer is to the factory and also their relationship with the company.  Zero does not want to deal directly with individual customers (which is true of most motorcycle brands - just try contacting Honda with a complaint or suggestion), they only want to interact with their franchise dealer and he is supposed to resolve issues with their customers.  If your dealer is not doing this, then perhaps Zero needs to address that issue first.  In any case, an unsatisfied customer should be a real concern to any new vehicle manufacturer, including Zero. Word-of-mouth is a powerful tool in the age of the internet.  Whatever the problem is, I hope it can be resolved to your satisfaction.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 07:25:45 AM »

Well there was a time when Zero did deal with individual customers, wasn't there? The tendency for those here who don't have troubles with their Zeros to reflexively blame dealerships seems not entirely fair to me.

I'm another on this forum who agrees with flexy. And I'll reiterate a previous comment of mine that relying on forum participation to make inference on the entire population of Zero owners is a poor sampling strategy. Yes, they're a popular electric motorcycle, but they can certainly have their issues.

Peter

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:37:51 AM »

Sorry to hear you have had a tough time flexydude. 

Hope you get a chance to sling a leg over a newer bike.  They are much more reliable and service has improved greatly for the newer models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 05:40:55 AM »

I wouldn't even think about buying another bike from them even if the new ones are "better". I feel like i been ripped off to the tune of 26,000$. I am very happy with my new xt250 and gw250 and Ural gear up.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 07:17:18 AM »

I think that zero needs to seriously consider the satisfaction of each and every customer they have(within reason)due to the fact that they are such a niche market and every sale brings them closer to saturation in this niche, I've painfully decide to hold off on the purchase of a brammo and now a zero, just looking at what the 25k (canadian) can get you in ice bikes , well let's say I could fill a garage with some pretty cool bikes, looks like flexydude has started a collection still under the total price of one new zero!
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 07:44:48 AM »

I wouldn't even think about buying another bike from them even if the new ones are "better". I feel like i been ripped off to the tune of 26,000$. I am very happy with my new xt250 and gw250 and Ural gear up.

How much did you pay for the bike initially how do you get to 26,000$ Isn't hat more than 2 bikes?    Yikes if that's true. I'd be pretty mad
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

MotoRyder

• Riding innovative motorcycle machinery is a passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:55:32 PM »

Seems like Quality Control from Zero, and their dealer network too, could be improved; this 'enlightenment' from the forum should be noticeable to them.

Anything that I buy new, I expect it to work and to last for some time with normal use; problems due to abuse of course come with the territory.
And for $26,000 on a two-wheeled ride, I'd expect it to offer both performance and durability, and be comparable in quality to well-known ICE motorcycles.
Traveling by motorcycle, one can experience the true ambience of the surroundings

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 03:54:46 AM »

2010 ds was 11,000 plus another 1000 for reg and tax. 2012 ds was 15g plus tax and tag, and neither of them work now. zero is fixing the 2012 under warranty but it has been at the dealer for 4 months now.

jheth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:35:21 AM »

As an early adopter (owner) of this technology, I would hope that you understand the early models have bugs that need to be worked out. 2013+ bikes have a completely re-designed drivetrain, that is greatly improved from lessons learned on previous model years.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

I have two Zeros. a 2012 XU that was the last one sold by my local dealer before they discontinued the Zero brand, and, a 2013 FX 5.7 that has been set up as a SuperMoto.
Between the two, I have a total of 24 months ownership, and about 10,000 miles. The XU had several sets of forks before they finally got it right, and, a broken rear
fender.  Hollywood Electrics in California at 300 miles is now my closest dealer. They offered to replace the fender under warranty, but, I never really liked it, so I never
had it done. Even though the local dealer had stopped selling them, they were very much on top of having it repaired. I rode the bike, they called me each time the new
forks arrived, I brought it in, and, waited as they swapped them out.  Have not had any issues with the FX. While most of the problems with the bikes might go back to
Zero, the local dealership will have a lot to do with the end result of customer satisfaction. Even though my dealer was no longer going to have anything to do wit Zero,
they did everything to keep THEIR customer happy.

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »

How much did you pay for the bike initially how do you get to 26,000$ Isn't hat more than 2 bikes?    Yikes if that's true. I'd be pretty mad

Yeah, Flexydude is right about the price here in Oz. 

We are both in Australia and we get no financial support to buy these bikes, quite the opposite, lots of import tax, etc. and they cost a lot to keep registered every year.  My brother paid around $14k for his 2010 DS back in 2010, and that was when the Aussie dollar was equal to the US dollar.  Our reserve bank is working hard to kill the Aussie dollar, they want it to be worth 75 cents, $0.75 USD.  That makes everything 25% more expensive to import now.  When I was in the US in 2012, the Aussie dollar was worth MORE than the US dollar. Keep our dollar low is good for our exports and makes it harder to import goods, which is good for the balance of trade but bad if you happen to need a new motor from the  US....

Cam   :o
Bikes owned, from present to past: NS 150 Honda, DS 2010 Zero, RZ 500 N Yamaha #2, CB 250 Honda, Ducati 69 single, GT 750 Kawasaki, RZ 500 N the 1st,  RD LC 250/350 Yamaha + other bits, Kawasaki 200 dirt, DT 250 Yamaha.  Also spent time with Ducati 600 and Moto Morini 250 V twins and others :D
Pages: [1]