• March 28, 2024, 06:51:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First commute  (Read 1139 times)

M@2015DS

• View Profile
First commute
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »

Finally got everything together and rode my new DS to work. My commute is about 25 miles each way on the 405 freeway from Long Beach to West Los Angeles with a couple miles on city streets at each end.

I have the 9.4 battery pack.

On my commute to work I rode between 25 -55MPH with a stretch of about 2 miles at 75MPH.

The battery pack had 65% charge left on it at work when I plugged it in to charge.

On the way home there is no stretch of 75MPH and the average speed is a little less because traffic is usually worse on the way back (go figure).

The battery pack had 75% charge left when I got home.

As far as the ride. It was AWESOME! the delivery of power is so smooth and effortless. When I need to accelerate from 30-55MPH it feels like it happens almost instantly. I have never ridden an ICE motorcycle with gears but used to make this commute on a Vespa GTS250 which is twist and go. Although that was a pretty smooth ride, the power delivery is nowhere near the DS.

Other than an issue with the windscreen not staying in place, which is really a separate issue, the DS definitely lived up to my expectations.

krash7172

• View Profile
Re: First commute
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 02:51:47 AM »

The dealer put my windscreen on loose. I initially thought it was meant to be adjustable. I now have it in the position I like and tightened everything. It hasn't moved in 2500 miles.

Congrats BTW.
2015 Triumph Daytona 675R
2015 BMW R nineT
2014 Zero SR
2013 Ducati Monster 696
1991 Honda VFR 750

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:20:27 AM »

Nice to know it takes less than half the charge to get to work, just in case you aren't able to charge some time....like if you go to work on a holiday.

sasugeda

• sasugeda
    • View Profile
    • gclub
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 11:25:51 AM »

I keep a distance from the truth of me to come to your reality.

Losmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »

Obviously, as mentioned already, you can go do your commute on a single charge if you don't have access @ work.

I did the math and took into account both manufacturers claims and what little info I could find on real live miles/per charge accounts and boought the 11.4 battery before.

And on the tangent about the windscreen, I will search the forum for more info on which to go with...
Pages: [1]