• April 24, 2024, 07:28:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KTM Freeride E-SM Review | Alan Cathcart | Cycle News  (Read 2123 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Marshm

• View Profile
Re: KTM Freeride E-SM Review | Alan Cathcart | Cycle News
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:11:49 AM »

I wonder if it will make it to the USA. 

They did mention plans to increase the battery capacity in the future.  I think they left it small to meet their weight target.  Sort of looks like they are targeting track type riding where you are never far from some building and able to charge.  I don't see these becoming popular with track riders.  The low sound would seem popular with the casual rider out to enjoy a stroll through some mountain trails or something. 

Looks like a nice bike.  I like the little bit smaller size as compared to a gas mx bike.  I wonder what took so long.  Maybe solving technical problems or just getting the bike up to the design standards they wanted.  Maybe now there will be more ride reviews as people in Europe can buy them. 

MotoRyder

• Riding innovative motorcycle machinery is a passion
    • View Profile
Re: KTM Freeride E-SM Review | Alan Cathcart | Cycle News
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:25:42 AM »

From the article it sounds like a version of the KTM Freeride E-SM could make it to the USA, possibly sometime in 2016.
It definitely sounds like KTM has been conducting a lot of R&D so that their electric motorcycles will offer the performance and durability that they are known for with their ICE motorcycles.  I wish they'd take H-D's lead and have a traveling road show here in the states so that enthusiasts here could get a taste of their handy work.  I like that they are emphasizing the 'Fun-Factor' as much as 'Eco-Friendliness and Utility' !!
Traveling by motorcycle, one can experience the true ambience of the surroundings
Pages: [1]