• April 25, 2024, 10:14:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stock DVT settings for sr vs s?  (Read 1839 times)

Burton

• View Profile
Stock DVT settings for sr vs s?
« on: January 02, 2015, 12:34:39 AM »

popped into my DVT today to try and save my dcf, which failed again, but was poking around at some settings and changing the sport profile a bit.

I noticed my torque setting was set to a number higher than the advertised 144Nm for the 2014 sr and I was wondering if anyone knew the default settings for the sr vs s at the DVT level?

Another interesting descovery is the app. When you set the torque for the throttle to 0% it is actually 50% in DVT, when you set the neutral regen to 100% it is 15% of the set max neutral regen Nm, same for braking regen. and while you can set the speed to 95 the actual rpms are lower then what is hard coded in the sport mode rpm limit.

Tried to set up an analog foot switch but it seems I couldn't because some value is missing when I go to  upload the new values.  Still not sure which values need to be adjusted to get dynamic regen working :/

I did find a setting for a pot switch controlled torque or speed limit control but did not set it up. I am not sure if this does the same torque limiting as the app does on profile one or not.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
Re: Stock DVT settings for sr vs s?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:52:43 AM »

For my SR the maximum torque setting I believe is 180 in the DVT software.

I just recently set up a LHS rear brake using a pressure transducer and zx14r clutch master cylinder. This uses the second analog input in the Sevcon controller and the foot brake functionality.

There are specific wires you need to add to the Sevcon controller for the analogy input and then most of the changes are then in DVT software foot brake section. You will probably want to change some of the throttle regen braking settings at the same time. PM me and I can send details of my settings. Suffice to say the Sevcon allows way more regen than the stock bike offers and if you set to 40% or higher there is more than enough power to lock the rear wheel at street speeds and have a viable rear brake replacement with much better feel than a foot brake.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:57:15 AM »

Message Sent :)

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »

For my SR the maximum torque setting I believe is 180 in the DVT software.

Given the advertised Nm is 144 does this mean the stock S / DS would be 98 + 34 = 134Nm or is it percent based at 98 + 180/144 = 122.5Nm

How many Nm are required to go 60mpg on a stock S / DS on the highway? And a better question would probably be if you have you Nm set to 200, meaning the max torque is capped at 100 on 0% ecomode would this not even matter in relation to the Nm used at highway speeds and only matter when going up a hill or passing?

Biff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:01:08 AM »

One thing to remember is that changing the peak torque value in DVT will likely change the way the throttle behaves. I haven't messed with this for a while, but here is how I remember it working.

if you set the "Peak torque" value to something 2x higher than the Ke*Amps actually produces, then when you go 1/2 throttle or more, you will get 660A, and the entire "second half" of your throttle will not give you any more torque.

That allows you to turn your throttle into a much more sensitive throttle without throwing throttle errors.  If your throttle  input ever goes over 0.5V greater than your listed 100% throttle voltage in your throttle settings it will give a throttle fault and cut power to the motor until the throttle returns to a voltage within its 0 to 100 % + 0.5v range.

It will not make your motor produce more torque (unless your throttle actually never made it to your 100% throttle voltage, and thus your controller wasn't hitting its 660A maximum), however this may make your bike feel snappier because you can twist the throttle faster (requires 1/2 the rotation as before), and for a brief period while you are getting used to your bike you may only ever go half throttle and think that if you twist it more you will get more out of it (and hence get the impression that if you were able to go full throttle the bike would flip over) but once you get used to the torque at half throttle you will continue to twist the throttle and realize that you don't accelerate any faster.

I am also pretty sure you need to make sure that you make the same changes to your power map (torque / RPM map), otherwise the lower torque value will be set as the maximum allowed torque at that speed and the throttle will be proportional to that toque at that speed.

-ryan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:28:38 AM by Biff »

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:19:18 AM »

I presume then simply lowering the max amps would make the throttle cut off the motor to since the map would be off?

Eventually I am going to have to figure this out so I can extend my range for touring ;) i love the power of my size six controller but it eats my battery up at 172watts / mile at 60 mph

When my laptop is done with its processes I might go peak into the settings again to visibly relate everything you said together. I could always run an experiment and limit the mph to 15 so he bike will be stable on my lift.

Thanks for the info!

Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »

Hi, i have a 2013 s and i want to upgrade the controler to a size 6 do someone have the dcf file form a SR, with the sevcon gen 4 size 6 controler?

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »

Hi, i have a 2013 s and i want to upgrade the controler to a size 6 do someone have the dcf file form a SR, with the sevcon gen 4 size 6 controler?

I would love this as well. Francois if you cannot acquire it let me know and I will take screenshots of all the stock settings you might need.
I presume you already have IXXAT USB-CAN v1 with DVT?

You will not be disappointed by this upgrade, it will feel like a 2014 SR less you tweak it to be faster; after taking precautions to properly cool the motor of course.
Pages: [1]