• March 29, 2024, 04:35:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: It's got a master cylinder bleeder, nice!  (Read 882 times)

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
It's got a master cylinder bleeder, nice!
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:53:10 PM »

There's a bleeder valve on the front brake master cylinder. That's the first time I've seen that on a street bike.

You usually need it only if the master cylinder is dry and has no fluid in it at all (like if you're putting on new brake lines or a caliper you've rebuilt) but when you need it, it sure does save your butt from a nasty session of bench bleeding, and spraying fluid all over the place trying to just crack the banjo open a bit to let the air out.

That's pretty upscale. I've usually achieved the same effect by replacing the banjo bolt with one that has a bleeder in it.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: It's got a master cylinder bleeder, nice!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:12:07 PM »

You are right!.  A great idea and that looks like a nice master cylinder reservoir. I don't think even BMW has a bleeder valve like that on their front brake reservoir - although they do have more colorful brake fluid.   ;)   Zero sure made some nice chassis improvements for 2015.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]