• April 26, 2024, 12:34:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 2015 SR Just got it and love it  (Read 5492 times)

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
2015 SR Just got it and love it
« on: December 18, 2014, 06:27:41 PM »

I just got my 2015 SR and absolutely love it.  The change in suspension makes the bike feel rock sold with that sense of quality that you get from a great bike.  The brakes have very good feel (still bedding so no power info yet).  The move to a -6 controller is wonderful as well although others have already commented on this.

Overall, the upgrade for me was well worth it and the bike represents a nice step forward for Zero.

Nicely done Zero.
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.

Francois

• View Profile
Re: 2015 SR Just got it and love it
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »

tell us more
witch bike do you have before?
did you trie the 2014?
the difference?
do you have some picture?
the range is better that the 2014?
the breaks? front and back?
thanks for your feel back
François

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:53 PM »

Great to hear this! I agree completely.  I think the 2015 SR is a bike that is so well refined in every rea that it will become a daily rider over any other car or bike in the garage.  And doing so and saving gas will help just financially justify getting it versus something else.  Where are you located lolachampcar?
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

TheNorwegian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »

Congratulations!

Questions:

• Have you tried the 2014 SR? I think the rear brake is bit weak. Is the rear break on the SR 2015 any better?
  • Is the storage compartment the same as the 2014?

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:34:34 PM »

Congratulations on the new bike! As to the question about the rear brake, I test-rode the '14 SR before I got my '15 and I found the rear brake to be the same on both - weak but adequate. However the front brake does most of the work anyway and with ABS I'm not worried.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:45:25 PM by MichaelJohn »
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »

witch bike do you have before?    I just sold my 2013 11.4 DS
did you trie the 2014?                 No, I was not interested in another bike with FastAce suspension components which is why I did not consider the 2014.
the difference?                           The suspension is so much better.  The bike now has a proper quality feel to it.
do you have some picture?          No pics but it is the standard Red RS
the range is better that the 2014?  No idea but it is significantly better than my 2013 11.4 DS.  I would guess 20% better range but I have yet to collect any data.
the breaks? front and back?        Brakes on my DS were crap.  I could find front pads that would stop better but then they would squeal.  The new bike still has a weakish rear but not as bad as the 2013.  The front feels much better and the master is a much better match for the caliper giving a softer lever but much better control.

kensiko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 07:15:03 AM »

Wow that's great news, I feel a bit jealous, I'm just a bit disappointed that price is not dropping. Now the bike cost a lot more in Canada
Zero S 11.4 2013
Tesla S60 2014 CPO base
Gone -> Nissan Leaf 2014 SV rented (transfer)
Gone -> Prius 2010 bought at 180000 km.

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »

My 8K mile $8K 11.4 DS was a good deal :)

jheth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 09:29:04 PM »

lolachampcar, where do you live? What dealership did you get your bike from?

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 02:36:21 AM »

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »

This is only MY opinion.........

THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE TO EVER BUY A ZERO.     HOLLYWOOD ELECTRICS ROCKS       HARLAN IS FANTASTIC

Ok, I did it.  I think that is the first time I have ever "yelled" on a forum but I simply can not speak highly enough about the quality treatment I have received from HE and Harlan in particular.  He has always done exactly what he said he would do exactly when he said he would do it.  He is a EE so I can talk nerd with him all day long.  Combine that with Chris for support and a set of IXXAT tools and you have everything you need to properly support the bike.

Sorry for the yelling.....  This is just one thing I am passionate about.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »

THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE TO EVER BUY A ZERO.     HOLLYWOOD ELECTRICS ROCKS       HARLAN IS FANTASTIC

Ok, I did it.  I think that is the first time I have ever "yelled" on a forum but I simply can not speak highly enough about the quality treatment I have received from HE and Harlan in particular.  He has always done exactly what he said he would do exactly when he said he would do it.  He is a EE so I can talk nerd with him all day long.  Combine that with Chris for support and a set of IXXAT tools and you have everything you need to properly support the bike.

Sorry for the yelling.....  This is just one thing I am passionate about.

That is the key to Harlan's success.  He is an EE; knows the technology and knows what he is doing.  How many other EE's own and operate a motorcycle dealership?  Do I even have to ask?
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

jheth

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 10:57:25 PM »

Rock on. I'm getting my 2015 SR next week!

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:24 AM »

Ok, I did it.  I think that is the first time I have ever "yelled" on a forum but I simply can not speak highly enough about the quality treatment I have received from HE and Harlan in particular.

That is the key to Harlan's success.  He is an EE; knows the technology and knows what he is doing.  How many other EE's own and operate a motorcycle dealership?  Do I even have to ask?

I think this is a good starting point for a new thread.  There are some well-intentioned motorcycle shops out there that want to sell electric motorcycles, but don't have an EE on hand.  What is really necessary to successfully sell and support Zeros?

***Please don't respond to this question here, I will start a thread under General Discussion for this topic.***  Let's reserve this thread for gushing about the amazing 2015 Zero SR!
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 04:24:18 AM »

jheth,

I really hope you are as blown away happy as I am with my bike.  Please post your thoughts when it arrives.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4