• April 27, 2024, 12:57:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Friendly sound to alert cars that a silent rider is passing in slow traffic  (Read 3619 times)

BenS

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile

I use a cheap dual air horn, meant for a car, on my GSXR. It's very loud, but you only need to give it a quick push of the button, and it alerts car drivers that you are there.
It was funny, one time, when I did a road trip with some friends, and one of the guys didn't know I had an air horn on my bike. When he first heard it, he thought the sound was coming from a car, and was looking all around trying to see who beeped at him!

I'd like to have an electric horn(Wolo make some, but are pricey) with the "Dixie" tune (Dukes of Hazard) on my e-bike (I have "Dixie" air horns on my car)? But maybe then some people will look for a flying car, not a bike on the road.

Wolo have a range of horns for cars, but might be too bulky for a bike. http://wolo-usa.com/spec.htm
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:09:14 PM by BenS »
2015 FX 5.7, DIY Electric "Jesse James" chopper bicycle, and DIY Electric 26" Lowrider bicycle. ('10 KTM 530exc, '06 GasGas EC250, '06 YZ450F, '06 GSXR1000.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]