• May 02, 2024, 03:16:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 2010 uncommanded acceleration  (Read 3325 times)

flexydude

• View Profile
2010 uncommanded acceleration
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »

My 2010ds has started acting weird, it wants to go without any throttle, and wants to accelerate when riding at a steady pace. It only has 1300 miles on it. Any ideas?

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 uncommanded acceleration
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »

Check the throttle POT variable resistor  should be 5K ohms make sure connections clean and tight.

nigezero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »

I agree; I have the same bike and haven't had that problem, but have replaced my throttle once when it was proving unreliable.

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:39:22 AM »

ok, now it's acting really weird. It now beeps, the pattern is 5 short beeps then a pause, then 2 more short beeps. It doesn't match any pattern in the owners manual, and also now the bike won't move at all. It beeps with it unplugged, and the master power shut off and key off. Could it be corroded connections? It sits plugged , and ridden rarely. Haven't called zero yet since it's out of warranty.

nigezero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:33:39 AM »

where is the beeping emanating from? I'm probably wrong, (!) but thought most of the beeps and error codes came from the charger  suggesting a  charger problem or (gulp) a battery problem that is freaking the charger out. Is the battery SOC saying 100% and is it charging ok in general? I'd suggest checking all connectors for corrosion and fitment first then start digging deeper.

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »

beeps are coming from charger area, and I can't get it to shut off, even when unplugged with master power switch off. Glad it's in the barn. Will call zero tomorrow, though I completely lost all confidence in them. Just found out that the new motor for my 2012 that i been waiting for for 2 months is coming from china. Don't care if it was designed in usa, if it's made in china it's garbage.

nigezero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »

to me that soudns like a battery that has gone below voltage; so the charger is warning you it cant engage

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »

that's what zreo cs told me too. I need to check the battery voltage with a meter. He suspects a bad cell. I thought these batteries were supposed to last 100,000 miles? Will it be possible to replace the cells by myself? I'm not an electrician but i have built a few solar panels from kits. thanks

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »

Jon logan sent me a flow chart to check for the malfunction. So far the controller is bad, it was replaced last year under warranty and only has a few hundred miles on it! Do any of you electronic wizards know if it can be repaired and who can do it? Logan couldn't even give me a price for a new one, and they don't repair them. The beeping battery is another matter, waiting to hear from the engineer, the pack shows 56 volts, so it's fully charged....

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 10:38:22 AM »

So i guess i have to replace the mbb to the tune of 104$. At least they have them in stock. Not looking forward to pulling out the battery box, looks like i have to remove the forks to be able to get it out.

nigezero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:01 AM »

No need to remove forks. There is another thread where I described the process. It's tight but can be done

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »

can you tell me where to find the thread? thanks

nigezero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »

Look up the Glitch on 2010ds thread sorry can't work out how to link on my phone with tapatalk

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »

I got access to the mbb. It is glued to the inner side of the front battery box panel. How do I remove it? Also I haven't been able to charge it for more than a month. Will this cause damage to the battery? It had a full charge when I checked the voltage when it first started beeping.

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 03:56:00 AM »

How long has the unit not been charged? I am not sure about the 2010 chemistry but the newer packs can go several months before you have to worry about them.

As for the MBB I think docbass has experience with this pack and might be able to help. If it were me and it was just hot glued in place I would heat it up and remove it. If it wasn't hot glue I would use something to carefully pry it off. Got pictures?
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9
Pages: [1] 2 3