• April 26, 2024, 04:03:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Breaking news for a one off! One for the UK members  (Read 2826 times)

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Breaking news for a one off! One for the UK members
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »

Streetbike have contacted me to say that have a 2014 11.4 S on the shop floor.

I have NO idea how they have managed to lay their hands on one, but they have one none the less.
Its in black, and frankly if I had the money I'd trade my 2013 in for it... ;)
No info on price at the moment, but Charlie is going to get the details for me.

This might be the ONLY 2014 model in the UK, so its a rare opportunity to say the least.

Anyway contact Charlie at Streetbike for more info.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:54:53 PM by Justin Andrews »
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

mikeisted

• View Profile
Re: Breaking news for a one off! One for the UK members
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 05:09:51 AM »

Looks fantastic. If only I hadn't bought my lame 2012 model in May.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 05:32:11 AM »

Trade it in...? :)

Believe me, the 2013-2014 are light years better than the 2012s
I have not regretted trading in my 2012 for the 2013.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »

Yes that might be a possibility, but I am waiting on Zero to put some numbers together. But been waiting several weeks now.... 

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 04:55:57 PM »

In a perfect world, Justin you would end up with the black 2014, Mike you could upgrade to Justin's 2013, and the dealer could get the 2012 to send back to Zero for analysis, and hopefully a 2015 Zero would be arriving sometime next year to take up the empty spot on the dealer showroom floor.

It's unfortunate the world usually works in far from perfect ways.  Maybe this time it could be different though.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »

If I had a few extra spare quid lying around that's exactly what would happen...  ;)

(Hell, I've contemplated buying it, I really have, but I've not long bought the 2013, and my wife would NOT be very pleased if I bought another bike quite so soon...)

But I want that bike to sell, and I want it to sell quickly, as I want Zero to see that the UK wants their motorbikes, I REALLY want them back in the UK...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:30:31 PM by Justin Andrews »
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:58:50 PM »

I think Zero are lucky to have great people like you guys rooting for them.  Funnily enough and despite the issues with my bike, I feel the same way to.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »

I guess, I've been riding for 25 years, and Zero are pretty mid range reliable from my experience.

I've never judged a company on one bad product, "Friday Afternoon Specials" happen to even the best of companies, heck I even gave Suzuki four chances, before deciding to never ever buy another one. :)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 07:12:23 PM »

I got round to ringing Jason at Streetbike yesterday. Justin's old 2012 is going back to Zero for research and analysis. The 2014 has been shipped from the European HQ, as far as I know. Zero are doing the right thing by Streetbike by the sounds of it, but it has cost SB  money for the swap out. I commend Streetbike for having the foresight to invest in electric bikes. So far it has cost them a lot of time and money from what I can gather.

Mike should have first dibs on the 2014 S if some kind of deal can be struck. I'm still keen to own a Zero but financing it is my greatest hurdle. Nevertheless I have some rare free time without my wife, kids and baby this weekend so I'm hoping to ride up to Brummy and take the new zero for a spin.

Co-incidentally, Jason had just come off the phone with Erik (European Sales Director), when I ran. I've also been in touch with Erik separately via email. Jason obviously can't go into any details but I do believe there's talk of 2015 models. There may be the possibility of Zero coming back to the UK next year. Since I commute into London each day, I've offered to help pre-scan potential dealerships. Erik plans to come over in January. Just like Justin, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that planets will align.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »

I've basically told SB, that come 2016 I intend buying another Zero so they really should get some in... ;)
I'd love to buy a 2015 model, but finances dictate that I help purchase the next family car. (I'm campaigning for a BMW i3-Rex with so far limited but positive results.)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 03:21:21 AM »

Hi All,

I'm really grateful for your thoughts, but I just can't afford to upgrade right now.  So as much as it really, really  hurts, that particular 2014 has someone else's name on it methinks.  Whoever it is will have picked up a bargain.

I have to remember that I actually was very pleased with my 2012 and will be again when I can get it back on the road! (With a lot of extra weatherproofing).

Cheers all

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 02:34:34 PM »

Hi Mike, I think you're being very decent about the whole situation. I need to read around the forum to catch up with other posts on your issues, but it's worth noting that the batteries come with a five year warranty. That might not have been the case with the 2012 range, but as the batteries and supporting systems don't appear to have changed very much since then, I think there's a strong argument for Zero giving you a five year warranty retrospectively.

You've suffered significant inconvenience and loss of utility as a result of battery system failure and zero should replace the battery as a gesture of goodwill. There are a lot of people watching this space at the moment and leaving early adopters who have shown their faith high and dry just isn't cricket.

At least you are in the hands of the good people of Streetbike. I have confidence they will see you right.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »

I believe the five year warranties started on the 2014's.
And yep, the one at Streetbike is a serious bargain.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 05:17:46 AM »

I'm not sure it's such a bargain Justin. If you convert the cost of a brand new 2015 S zf12.5 to sterling, it comes out at just under £9,800. I'd happily pay the extra £800 for that. Having said that, I fear that model might retail at 12 or even 13k if it makes it over here. Now I'm used to my Fazer 1000, I'd be going for the SR ideally... I shudder to think what one of those would cost over here!
Pages: [1] 2