• April 25, 2024, 04:32:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Brammo sale is still on  (Read 9369 times)

MotoRyder

• Riding innovative motorcycle machinery is a passion
    • View Profile
Re: The Brammo sale is still on
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 11:47:43 PM »

Just like the EverReady Bunny, the Brammo End-Of-Year Promotion!  Limited Time Offer!  sale is still on, in the beginning of the new year.
Seems like the market for Brammo Empulses and Enertias is not that great, since the sale started a couple of months back and there is still inventory to move.
Traveling by motorcycle, one can experience the true ambience of the surroundings

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 04:30:09 AM »

It is really hard to believe that Brammo still has bikes in their inventory pipeline that have not yet been sold yet at their end-of-season "fire sale"?  At those prices, it seems to me that they are a very good value, even when compared with IC motorcycles in that price range.  I just don't understand what is going on.  To my mind they should have sold out of all of their production months ago.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »

I'm thinking it's just a highly inelastic market. When I decided to look into electric bikes, then discovered how expensive they were, it didn't slow me down at all. It just made me save for a while longer until I could swing one.

I just don't think price is a big motivator among our crowd.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

MotoRyder

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »

I was thinking similarly about the fire-sale pricing being able to sell off the existing inventory.
So I went looking to see if there was any mention of 2015 models...nothing on their website as of yet.
I'm in agreement with Doug S that Early Adopters (such as those of us who are on the forum) are motivated more by the technology than pricing...within reason.  'Early-entry' pricing (higher than mass-production pricing) definitely has the effect of holding back some and slowing down others.  It seems like the competitive market for the limited amount of Early Adopters has decided mostly in favor of the Zeros.  I hope that Brammo continues to stay in the game because both the industry and consumers benefit with the competition.
Traveling by motorcycle, one can experience the true ambience of the surroundings

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2015, 05:00:49 AM »

I had a shaky finger hovering above the "buy it now" button when Eric bostrums press bike Hit eBay , but there are two specific things that kept running in my head, 1- are they going to be around to support it, they haven't even had the common decency to let their dealers know if or when a 2015 is due, who wants to buy the last beta machine! 2- what's so special and secret that they can't even tell any hints or indicators of the new model year (if any actually exists)
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 04:48:19 AM »

Just got an email from the brammo dealer in Buffalo, the sale is on again!
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 04:53:52 AM »

I take it that there is an unending supply of Brammo Empulses and Inertias in the pipeline?   ???

It sort of makes you wonder if there wasn't a disconnect between the factory output and consumer sales.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2015, 05:59:02 AM »

I take it that there is an unending supply of Brammo Empulses and Inertias in the pipeline?   ???

It sort of makes you wonder if there wasn't a disconnect between the factory output and consumer sales.   ???
Unending, probably not. I recall BrammoBrian stating at one point that there wasn't much profit margin in the Empulse R @ $19k. I would bet they've cut costs somewhat for the 2014 Empulse (including cutting the carbon fiber bits), but likely not enough to make a profit at $14k.

Even with just-in-time supply lines, there's always going to be a little disconnect between production and sales to feed dealers. There are also probably minimum orders for certain components as well. I wonder if the motorcycles still for sale were built mid 2014, or if some of their recent funding has been used to finish bikes that they already had significant levels of standing component inventory.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

MotoRyder

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »

I'm of similar thinking to protomech:
There are also probably minimum orders for certain components as well. I wonder if the motorcycles still for sale were built mid 2014, or if some of their recent funding has been used to finish bikes that they already had significant levels of standing component inventory.

They would have placed orders for a certain level of production, whereby the volume of the parts purchased either at one time, or accumulated during the year, would provide for the pricing that they had contracted with their suppliers.  Already having the sunk costs of all the on-hand inventory, for fairly expensive assemblies such as motors, controllers, battery-banks, etc., it's better financially to sell off the finished product at near-break-even pricing than to scrap all of that material and get very little in payment for 'scrap'.  This assumes that much of the Empulses and Enertias are product-specific parts and not readily used in other 'propulsion-unit' applications.

As for the local Brammo dealer in my area, they still had a couple of Enertias when I checked about two weeks ago...and a cut-away view model of the Empulse (which is not of much use anymore, unless as a museum exhibit).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]