• April 25, 2024, 10:08:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Glitch is Back. . . . Again  (Read 1576 times)

kcoplan

• View Profile
The Glitch is Back. . . . Again
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:37:43 AM »

Had the second recall firmware update last May, really didn't ride the bike at all this summer, no problems riding practicallly daily this fall until this morning . . . And the glitch hits like a ton of bricks.

Rough running, loss of power at speed
Loss of  acceleration
Reverse running after re-boot

Had to pull over several times when I went out for lunch mid-day . . . And even the rolling start trick did not prevent reverse running several times.

Just hope I make it home tonight,  have a call into CarbonNegative.   :o :o

Anyone else ( besides Protomech) have an encore performance of the Glitch?  How did it work out?  And Protomech -  any progress on solving the problem on your bike?

I've got a 2012 S ZF6.
-- Karl

flexydude

• View Profile
Re: The Glitch is Back. . . . Again
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:52:17 AM »

read my post under is it junk?

ColoPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 04:01:47 AM »

Hey Karl,
 Sorry to hear about the glitch return.  I see from Ben's spreadsheet you have about 4000 miles?  As you probably read with Protomech's experience, probably the issue is that encoder in your motor is so bad that even the SW updates can't help.  You should PM protomech about it.

There is hope: I was lucky to dump my glitchy motor at 3800 miles, nearly 2 years ago - and my new motor has been fine since (currently at 16600).
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

kcoplan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »

Thanks, Paul.

I am up to about 6,000 miles on the bike now.  And they already replaced my motor once -- in the Summer of 2013, after my first glitchy experience.

Looks like Zero is going to be decent about it and fix it -- they said they would send a truck to pick it up and take it to what is now the closest dealer about 100 miles away (along with my wife's 2013 XU, which is also suffering occasional stalls and failure to start issues).  I am just cringing about how long it will take to get my bike back -- last time they had it all summer and sent it back to California.

Carbon Negative in Brooklyn -- the only NY metro area dealer -- has apparently closed its doors, so my closest dealer is now in the Philly area.

Not sure why I have this recurring glitch -- I do ride in the rain on occasion and on salted wet roads on occasion -- the worst possible conditions for electrical stuff -- but a road ready motorcycle should be rideable in the rain and on salted roads.

--Karl

denso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

I have a general question:
Does this glitch thing only happen on the brushless (Motenergy) motors?
Or on brushed motors (like Agni) too?

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 04:11:29 AM »

As its an encoder issue, its unlikely to occur on brushed motors.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900
Pages: [1]