• April 26, 2024, 09:34:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can't get key to 'lock' position  (Read 874 times)

MadwitTY

• View Profile
Can't get key to 'lock' position
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »

So I just received my '14 SR a couple days ago. Yesterday I tried to use the fork lock but I can't remove the key. I move the bars all the way to the left, depress and turn the key counter-clockwise; the fork locks, but the key won't go all the way to the 'lock' icon, and I cannot remove my key. Is this a common issue, or do you think it is an issue with the lock cylinder. The bike is a demo model with 1790 miles on it.
Thanks for the help!

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Can't get key to 'lock' position
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:24:36 PM »

Sometimes there is pressure on the lock plunger that can keep the lock from functioning properly when you attempt to move the key to the unlocked position.  Try moving the handlebars slightly back and forth while pushing in the key and gently trying to move the key and lock clockwise to the unlocked position.  Also using a little light oil, like WD40 or Lock-Ease might help.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ut-zero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 12:49:17 AM »

MadwitTY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:15 AM »

Awesome, thanks ut-zero. I did a search to see if this was ever mentioned in the forums previously, but I guess I chose the wrong keywords. I will look into this when I get home today.
Pages: [1]