• April 25, 2024, 11:09:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Video: Zero Upgrades Customer Service  (Read 1096 times)

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Video: Zero Upgrades Customer Service
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »

Here is a video that is clearly advertising a company called SalesForce, but it appears as though it streamlines the dealer interface with the manufacturer and with the customer.  They talk a lot about sales in the video, but it appears as though it will help customer service as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDP3gPf3Mkw&feature=youtu.be&list=PLC127338912FC7163&t=22s
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

dkw12002

• View Profile
Re: Video: Zero Upgrades Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:39:03 PM »

Looks like they track people who visit the Zero Motorcycle Website and possibly articles about electric motorcycles, forums, etc, then hit them with advertising. I have already seen this show up in advertising on my computer. The idea is to let people know about Zero. They want to get people to test ride a Zero so they will be hooked. They have an app for the dealer to use, so if someone contacts Zero, Zero will let the closest dealer know about the person since they are a potential customer. This is their big plan to increase sales. It should work. Amazing how few people know about electric motorcycles. I didn't see anything about customer service as I define customer service though which has more to do with hands-on local dealer support which is already good in my case. I think the marketing definition of customer service is something else...more to do with your experience buying the bike rather than service after the sale.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:58:44 AM »

Salesforce is a huge CRM (customer-relations management) company, and it would help Zero track customer issues across the internet and various dealers in a consistent way. CRM packages typically are designed to make sure that follow-up and follow-through is consistent and measurable. Think of the scenario where someone forgets to call you back - now there's software that sets up task queues and tracks how well the company is taking care of customers over time.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »

I have about 4 "Salesforce" accounts with different vendors and we are about to "go-live" with a flavor of "Salesforce" next month (I'll be a user, not the in-house adminstrator) for mainly issue tracking.

In addition to issue and contact tracking it also allows for cross referencing issues. A search on "symptoms" could find a potential shared solution. It even can host discussion groups. Though I expect dealer only logins because licensing costs are based on login ID's and privileges.  Administration can be internal or outsourced so the strength of the tool will be determined by setup and commitment to using it.  I hope they develop of method of sharing reports with us users.

The advertising seems cookies based rather than IP based in the Google advertising juggernaut. Clearing cookies and my ads go back to generic.
Pages: [1]