• March 29, 2024, 04:06:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Ride of my Electric Motorcycle  (Read 3401 times)

WWC

• View Profile
First Ride of my Electric Motorcycle
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:28:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8LlWr6EoQk

Its hard to see my EV grin, but it's there!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:54:04 AM by WWC »

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: First Ride of my Electric Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:57:52 AM »

That is great to see, WWC!  Tell us more about it.  Top speed (of course you didn't exceed the posted speed limits in your neighborhood), expected (or experienced) range, etc. 
2010 Brammo Enertia

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Electric Bobber
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 03:10:04 AM »

Here is an article on the bike by @IronWorksMag...
http://iwblogger.com/2009/electric-bobber/

Nice work WWC!

In the comments you mention...

“By the way, the Tank holds 8 feet of extension cord since Sparky has 5 on-board chargers. I can charge him up wherever I stop as long as there’s a120 volt outlet to be had.”

WWC

• View Profile
Re: First Ride of my Electric Motorcycle
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 03:26:26 AM »

Thank you for the compliments I've been getting.

Sparky, as we call him, is built from an modified aftermarket Harley rigid frame, Harley wheels (both are front wheels, the rear being modified also), a Harley Springer front end, an ETEK-R motor, 5 Yellow Top 52ah Optima batteries for a 60v system. He carries 5 Soneil battery chargers on board and 8 feet of extension cable underneath one of the fuel caps. I'm using a Kelly KD72300 controller but wish I had used a 400 amp controller. Not using Regen as I felt it was more expensive than it was worth. He'll do 52mph but likes 30-40 the best, and although I havent ran him dead my math says I should do about 25 miles on a charge. My rear ratio is 5.1 to 1. I have no monitoring system other than the odometer. I watch how far I've gone and adjust to that. The individual smart chargers do all the maintaining of the batteries for me and it usually takes about 6 hours for a full charge after a day's commute. I recommend using the individual chagers to maintain a near perfect balance of the battery pack.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:02:31 AM by WWC »
Pages: [1]