• April 24, 2024, 01:47:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fast charge interlock cables to BMS  (Read 1257 times)

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
Fast charge interlock cables to BMS
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »

Anyone know how the two auxiliary pins/cables from the fast charge port to the BMS work.

I understand there is some sort of interlock protocol with the Delta-Q chargers and I want to replicate that process so I can use the fast charge port with a non Delta-Q charger.

Thanks
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

trikester

• View Profile
Re: Fast charge interlock cables to BMS
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »

If you pull the blu/wht connection up to B+, on the Andersen connector, through a 100K resistor, it will close the contactor if there is some residual voltage left at the B+, even just a couple of volts. If the bike has been sitting for long then you may have to momentarily turn on the key until the contactor closes to charge the internal capacitor, to provide the residual voltage. Usually you won't need to do that.

When you connect the 100K line and you hear the contactor close, then power up your external charger. If the charger voltage is present first, the contactor won't close.

I had to figure this out to add built-in Meanwell chargers to my e-trike conversion. I also added another smaller connector for those (they only provide 6 amps) so that I could disconnect the charger after charging and I can still use the Andersen connector for an additional external charge at the same time.

The BMS will terminate the charge when it is finished so I set my charger at 116 VDC (actually 115.8 VDC)

Trikester

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 09:01:55 AM »

Thanks trikester!
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »

You're welcome! I had thought about posting that information and you gave me the incentive to get around to doing that.

Trikeater
Pages: [1]