• April 25, 2024, 09:35:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Error 25 and 49 after Firmware Update to ver 42 (BMS ver 39) - SOLVED  (Read 2506 times)

Martin

• View Profile
Re: Error 25 and 49 after Firmware Update to ver 42 (BMS ver 39) - SOLVED
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »

Being that Zero had the bike for a week, I would hope that they installed the latest firmware. Also if the firmware caused the motor to go bad, thats a major issue.

My new problem is Zero returned my bike with no Horn (fixed with new fuse) and no turn signals. Still can't figure out why those are not working. I wish they had more dealers/service centers. This is becoming more maintenance than my last suzuki.

Martin

• View Profile
Re: Error 25 and 49 after Firmware Update to ver 42 (BMS ver 39) - SOLVED
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 07:58:09 AM »

Last entry...

Horn was fixed by replacing Fuse #3. Fuse #3 was blown because whomever put the bike back together, pinched the right rear blinker wires. As a result of the short, the flasher fired. Fixed wires, replaced flasher (with electronic flasher, so no more LED resistors) and replaced fuse. All good now.

All in all I am not very satisfied with Zero's attention. This bike was my primary vehicle (I had to rent a car, yuck) and if I hadn't called everyday it would of probably taken a month to fix. Then to get it back not street legal (horn especially), that really irked me. Luckily I am capable to fix almost everything myself (Been an A&P for 15 years, specializing in Avionics/Electrical), however fun and interesting, I bought the bike because it was maintenance free.

I asked Zero about becoming a service provider in my area since I live in Hermosa Beach, and Zero's could be popular if a shop ever opens up. Spoke to a guy today and he still didn't even know electric bikes were available. Of course, besides the service snafu, I will always recommend a Zero.
Pages: 1 [2]