• April 25, 2024, 06:24:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Do electromagnetic fields cause or spread cancer?  (Read 1640 times)

Reaper

• View Profile
Do electromagnetic fields cause or spread cancer?
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:41 PM »

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs263/en/

A quick opinion question.  The World Health Organization mentioned that there's some minor correlation between electromagnetic fields (EMFs) and cancer.  What's your take on this?  How does that affect the relationship between you and your e-motorcycle?

From the article, I can't imagine that it poses substantial risk to a normal, healthy adult, the kind that would be riding motorcycles anyway.  If this were the case, I'd imagine everyone riding the public transportation system, or driving a hybrid to be at risk.  I haven't seen that to be the case.

For that matter, why not anybody exposed the the field that an alternator generates on any vehicle? 

Bogan

• View Profile
Re: Do electromagnetic fields cause or spread cancer?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:01:26 AM »

nothing to be worried about if you ask me, a grounded conductive material generaly stops most of the EM radiation anyway, ie care firewall and bonnet (and alternator casing) protects you from alternator EMF. And emf is in the same group as coffee, welding fumes, and gasoline exhaust. As long as electric motors wont make us EB riders sterile (quite close proximity to the motor) im not gonna worry bout it.

Reaper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »

I think the same thing.

EMFs and sterility.... ha.... I think the greater concern now that it is getting warmer outside, and driving a bike that catches attention because it doesn't use gas, is not to crash looking at chicks :)

Still countin' down the days till I get started buildin'...

Bogan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 04:55:48 AM »

haha, u must be in the other hemisphere then, im currently riding to work in 5-10 degrees, 8 min trip and by the end im not getting much feel from the levers! Still beats being a cager though :)

Reaper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:35:02 AM »

Yeah I am American.

I know what you mean!  Last two winters it was FREEZING outside... still had to go for a ride anyway.  Biking is officially in my blood now :)
Pages: [1]