• March 29, 2024, 03:33:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: destroyed!!  (Read 1180 times)

flexydude

• View Profile
destroyed!!
« on: June 19, 2014, 02:22:24 AM »

Has anyone else heard that because they had too many 2012 ds models taking up space at the factory they cut them up!! Remember the ev1?

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: destroyed!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:26:16 AM »

Unless you have some sort of reliable source on this, I'm going to report the thread and request it be deleted. Zero is a decent company and doesn't deserve this kind of stuff - unless, as I said, you can support this kind of claim.
2010 Brammo Enertia

aelwero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:40:54 PM »

lol...  dealer here still has "new old stock" 2012's...  that alone makes the suggestion seem really unlikely in EV1 context :)

If the frames are the same, I could see them repurposing old frames to meet demand for the new models, because they're notably better, making "new old stock" sales even less likely, not to mention the 2012's on the road now will need the other parts eventually, but as far as a circus like the EV1 debacle goes, I just don't see it happening in today's climate and economy...   

Government is actually leaning way in the other direction and putting more money into alternative energy than it will ever get back out...  Fort Bliss is being covered in solar panels in a huge bid to be the first "zero energy" military installation.  we got fields full of panels, and over half the roofs got panels.  They're getting close to a net zero consumption from city power (which is awesome, don't get me wrong), but the return on it will take a very long time, if ever, if you account for the maintenance and personnel to keep it going that long.
"Popular culture believes that Americans no longer want to make anything themselves... that they are happy to have somebody else do it for us.

I've never believed this. The US is full of capable and brilliant designers and dreamers. I encourage you to be one of them. You can do this"

Craig Vetter

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:52 PM »

If the frames are the same

They're not.

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:10:01 AM »

The person who told me this claimed to be in the know, maybe they were trying to start a bad rumor, it probably doesn't merit further inquiry, I was just curious. the ev1's were destroyed for a different reason altogether. zero stands behind their product and do the best they can to fix all the problems with these bikes

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:34 AM »

I can remember a story about frames being destroyed too, but that was due to them breaking if my memory is correct.
Once you go EV, gas is history!
Pages: [1]