• March 29, 2024, 12:42:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: 2013 S wire diagram  (Read 14904 times)

Burton

• View Profile
2013 S wire diagram
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »

I mapped out all the connections on the 2013 today, less the internal battery connections, and I am now contemplating the best way to map them so it will be the most usable for the community.

So far I have most of the connection termals / molex vectorized in illustrator and in visio though I haven't decided which I will use to map the wires out. And I might only include the connectors as reference to indicate pin number and opt for something easier to illustrate actual connections given some connectors have 30+ pins

If anyone has some motorcycle wire diagrams they really like post up a link so I can get an idea of what everyone is expecting.

About to start project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKbao7-l3Gw

Completed cable mapping and forgot I unplugged my cable >_<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-4NCyZjSpw

Oh, that reminds me I need to update my blog with all I have done this week!

EDIT(9-23-2014) v1.0.1 : Added Anderson connector wires and grounding wire from battery to charger
EDIT(9-24-2014) v1.0.2: Added single wire for molex connector from motor and shifted labels as needed.
EDIT(10-14-2014) v1.1.0 Added light blue translucent grid. This required squeezing in the stuff around the edges. Appending as an alternative download for those who don't wish to have grids.
EDIT(10-15-2014) v1.1.1 Corrected white wire coming from mode switch being under another wire. Added label for mode switch. Maintaining two versions of the drawing (one with a grid the other without)
EDIT (05-14-2015) v1.1.2 Added wires to trip contactor for external chargers using stock Anderson connector.
EDIT (10-23-2015) v1.1.3 Moved Orange / Gray wire on 35 pin sevcon controller from pin 17 to pin 18 (Credit Trikester)
EDIT (10-23-2015) v1.2.0 Added "Use" indicators and voltages where known for ODBII and 35 pin Controller connector. This text is blue, smaller than cable indicator text, and has two underlines. These are placed in most cases right above the cables in question but in some cases this was not possible given some unknown visio bugs (to be fixed in future releases)
EDIT (10.28-2015) v1.2.1 Added the orange text next to connectors to show what they plug into and fixed one rogue cable which was overlapping with another
EDIT (10-31-2015) v1.2.2 Modified general layout left of center to make more readable. Added general Fuse numbers in place of DC:DC fuse amps. Added Fuse key left of DC:DC Fuses. Added Fuse # indicators to wires where known.
EDIT (11-11-2015) v1.2.3 Corrected gauge of wires leading from DC:DC sevcon converter to fuse panel (Credit pacificcricket)
EDIT (11-11-2015) v1.2.4 Corrected wire going to B- on sevcon for color, added wire to throttle connector (Credit rayivers)
EDIT (11-19-2015) v1.2.5 Corrected pin 32 to indicate the digital 7 input function, brake signal.
EDIT (04-23-2017) v1.3.0
  • Changed blue underlined references to USB to either 3.3v UART or UART (in the case of the unused red wire) | rDacted
  • Corrected the Aux "charging" indicator wires coming from the SBS75X pins 3 / 4 to indicate they connect to a siliconed female connector on the battery next to the B+ / Bi wires. | Electric Cowboy
  • Updated pin 38 / 40 wires coming from MBB used by Trikester to let the bike know to accept AUX charging to include the switched 100K ohm resistor circuit and a note about why it exists. This is NOT a stock circuit on 2013 wire looms. | Electric Cowboy
  • Updated Fuse box section to better reflect reality and changed the AUX circuit to stock amp size (10amps) from 30amps. This update propagated out to the wire labels where fuses are referenced. | MrDude_1
  • Updated credit to include link to my signature link showing all content found here on EMF, which includes this post, from my personal website. | Burton
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:50:03 PM by Burton »
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

trikester

• View Profile
Re: 2013 S wire diagram
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »

I have Zero's full 2013 MMX schematic but I signed a non disclosure agreement, so I can't show any part of it. However, I can say that all of the connectors are shown as simple rectangles with pin numbers along the edges. Wire colors are standard nomenclature. Tie point connections are shown as large black dots with a number and letter in them. As near as I can remember most (or all) of those tie points are not terminal studs but are multiple connections within the cables.

Trikester

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »

I mapped out all the connections on the 2013 today, less the internal battery connections, and I am now contemplating the best way to map them so it will be the most usable for the community.

So far I have most of the connection termals / molex vectorized in illustrator and in visio though I haven't decided which I will use to map the wires out. And I might only include the connectors as reference to indicate pin number and opt for something easier to illustrate actual connections given some connectors have 30+ pins

If anyone has some motorcycle wire diagrams they really like post up a link so I can get an idea of what everyone is expecting.

About to start project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKbao7-l3Gw

Completed cable mapping and forgot I unplugged my cable >_<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-4NCyZjSpw

Oh, that reminds me I need to update my blog with all I have done this week!

I tried to give you some indications in the comments of one of your video but i got no feedback about that... :-\  I dont know if you apprecaited or not... so all i have to say is good luck...

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile
https://youtu.be/iVMPBnfhukM
T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

rollandelliott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43:09 AM »

I think your average bike owner doesn't take apart their bike until there is a problem, so your wiring diagram probably wont' have a lot of interest until sevearl years down the road people need the info.

I'm interested in your aerodyanmic shell idea. I've read these shells can increase performance 30 to 50%

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »

I tried to give you some indications in the comments of one of your video but i got no feedback about that... :-\  I dont know if you apprecaited or not... so all i have to say is good luck...
Doc

I could have sworn I thanked you for helping me label some stuff and told ya Brandon said he would confirm what you said was accurate since you have a 2012. If I didn't I am terribly sorry Doctorbass. Any help I can get from the community is great and I am not one to let it go unrecognized.

This is the video where you commented about the labeling if I recall. And my first video in the series showing basic large components you ID'ed several of them as well.

Thank you sir, I am sorry it seems like I forgot.

I think your average bike owner doesn't take apart their bike until there is a problem, so your wiring diagram probably wont' have a lot of interest until sevearl years down the road people need the info. I'm interested in your aerodyanmic shell idea. I've read these shells can increase performance 30 to 50%

That might be an accurate statement rollandelliott. I like to understand what is going on with my bikes and this is my first electric so the best way to figure that out is to take it apart :)

As for the aerodynamic shell idea, it wasn't mine. This shell is Craig Vetter's "Last Vetter Fairing" and he has been doing this stuff for a very long time. Terry Hershner said I could expect a 50% increase in range with the modification so I am looking forward to it as well. While I haven't formally laid out my goals I am going to try to make the bike look good when it is done =)

On another note I just buttoned back up the wire harness, which might end up coming apart again when I get my title / parts, and I am going to start making logical connections with my notes in visio and see how it goes.

And on that note I have an updated progress video:
http://youtu.be/5QYF7uFa7-U

pulsartaildragger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:02:51 AM »

hi Burton , I like your wiring diagram . you've done a lot of work could save the rest of us a lot of time . would you ever consider sharing it . thank you . Jim

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:32:47 AM »

I actually still have 100 connections to go :) I will try to put in some time here and there to get it done for ya ^_^

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 07:22:14 PM »

It looks like your schematic will be easier to follow than the one Zero sent me when I bought the Powertrain kit for building my e-trike.

The paper size of Zero's schematic is approx 3' x 4' (when printed full size from my computer) and it is pretty full. I had to hang it on the wall to use it. Are you going to break yous up into separate drawings to make smaller prints? I originally tried to use a smaller printout for the entire schematic but it was too hard to read.

Sure wish I could save you this work and send mine but a signed agreement is to be honored.

Trikester

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »

I have about 60 connections to go now as I threw some on there the other day.

Is yours in color? This will be in color and have the connectors indicated. It won't match a stock bike 100% but it will be close and I am willing to update it to reflect a stock bike with the help of you all.

Right now it only exists as a visio drawing. I can do exports to pdf, eps, esp, svg, etc. I normally use these things on my tablet / phone so ... It isn't too hard to get a format you want it in. It might also be missing some things you find on your stock drawing.

-Burton

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »

Yes mine is in color but when I went to Kinko's, with my USB memory chip, to get the large print it was wait 24 hours and pay $75 for color or get it now in B&W for $12. I went with B&W & used the color labels that were on the schematic. It would have been nice to have the color print but not absolutely necessary.

Your schematic with the connectors identified by shape will be a big help. I was always trying to figure out what connector I was looking for. Their connectors are just rectangles on the schematic with wires going in and out.

A funny thing. There were some connections that I didn't seem to have. It turns out that the only schematic they could send me was for a military version of the MX. It showed connections for infrared lights and some other stuff that of course I didn't have in my harness. I'm probably the only person outside of Zero that has a schematic for a military version. 8) Another reason that it stays with me.

BTW - There are the connections for both the MX dash and the FX, S, DS dash in the harness. However, that may have changed in 2014.

Trikester

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »

Getting closer to having something to share ... here is a preview of what will come soon.

Sneak peak
by callmeburton, on Flickr

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 07:42:18 PM »

Very very nice, thanks for sharing your work with us !
Laurent

dc5dd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »

Getting closer to having something to share ... here is a preview of what will come soon.

That looks good I'll be needing that for my project ;D.  If I can ask what do you do Burton?  To product something like this you have to be related to this field somehow?

Also can you give some more info on the "charge controller" such as the sticker label and the manufacturer.  Thanks
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:00:34 PM by dc5dd »

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 09:24:29 PM »

This looks like some amazing work you've put in here!

Really looking forwards to seeing the finished product.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »

Dear Burton,
this require a great deal of energy and deserve mad props.
most sencere thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7