• April 25, 2024, 04:53:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: MV Rivale vs Zero SR  (Read 1212 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
MV Rivale vs Zero SR
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »

Not yet, but it is coming.  Check out the this review of the Ducati and MV super motards and be sure to watch the last two minutes of the video that accompanies the review:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/mega-motard-shootout-2014-ducati-hypermotard-sp-vs-mv-agusta-rivale?utm_source=mo04032014&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: MV Rivale vs Zero SR
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »

We’ve established neither bike enjoys going in a straight line for very long. Fine, we’ll take ’em to the twisties and really have some fun. Sounds well and good until the Rivale runs out of gas after 80 miles. With only a 3.4-gallon gas tank, this is exactly the scenario we ran into during our testing. MV Agusta may have finally fixed the terrible fueling we’ve complained about before, but the Rivale’s thirst can really put a quick end to an otherwise action-packed day. We got a consistent 31 mpg in average riding, but you’re still keeping your eyes wide open for a gas station well before the 100-mile mark on the tripmeter.

Unfortunately for MV, this left a sour taste in our mouths. “I’ve never felt compelled to push a press bike off a cliff, but running out of fuel and leaving us stranded with only 80 miles on the clock had me hating the bike that just moments before I was adoring,” Tom beefs.

About the same as the ZF14.2 Zeros in hard riding, and the Zeros are probably quite a bit better in "typical" riding.

However, even outside the absolute range, having to fill up every couple of days would SUCK. The Zero charges overnight, and it's always full when you start up in the morning .. in practice, my GS500 (200 miles with a full tank) usually had less effective range than my S ZF9.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]