• March 29, 2024, 06:58:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rear wheel fender  (Read 6111 times)

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Rear wheel fender
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »

As I noted previously, I'm not impressed with the Zero fender.  I'll also note that it allows road grit to build up on the motor's cooling fins -- definitely not a good thing. 

Fender arrived in the mail yesterday.  Inexpensive, both for the fender and the shipping, but it took a few weeks to get here from China.  Decent quality, and the packaging was fine. 
Can you provide us with a link to the fender?

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 07:19:07 PM »

As I noted previously, I'm not impressed with the Zero fender.  I'll also note that it allows road grit to build up on the motor's cooling fins -- definitely not a good thing. 

Fender arrived in the mail yesterday.  Inexpensive, both for the fender and the shipping, but it took a few weeks to get here from China.  Decent quality, and the packaging was fine. 

Actually, it was another member on another thread, and possibly even in the tech section who found it.  But it's ebay, and bizarely, it was ebay.uk, even though it was mailed from China.  I'll try and find it.

Edit: I guess it was Hong Kong.  Anyway, just go on ebay.co.uk and search Harley Rear Fender.  There's a ton of them, all the same as I've got.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:18:20 PM by quixotic »
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 09:06:08 PM »

Just out of curiosity, did anyone tried the rain guard from the zero shop:
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_18&products_id=231
I'm following this thread because here in Holland it's more wet than dry this year unfortunately..

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

Hoi Wijnand, i agree with you!

Ik heb zelf iets gemaakt wat op die fender lijkt van Zero zelf.
Echter is dat niet afdoende. Je wordt nog steeds nat van achter en de sevcon controller wordt ook vies..
Die van Zero zelf zal dezelfde problemen geven dus daar heb je niet veel aan...

greetz...
pre-owned: Suzuki Intruder, Suzuki GSX-R750, Honda Fireblade '05, Honda Fireblade '09, Honda VFR1200F, Honda Fury 1300 CXA, Govecs Go! 1.2S, Zero DS 12.5, Honda NC750 X DCT, now Triumph Bonneville T120

yhafting

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 11:16:24 PM »

Actually, it was another member on another thread, and possibly even in the tech section who found it.  But it's ebay, and bizarely, it was ebay.uk, even though it was mailed from China.  I'll try and find it.

Edit: I guess it was Hong Kong.  Anyway, just go on ebay.co.uk and search Harley Rear Fender.  There's a ton of them, all the same as I've got.

I believe it was my link you were searching for :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Black-Outstanding-Rear-Mudguard-Fender-Accessory-Prevent-For-Harley-/251719364694?hash=item3a9ba4b056:g:cYoAAOSw~FNUZyo~
The link itself doesn't matter that much. This item is sold by many ebay vendors for slightly different prices, although they are probably all made by the same manufacturer. The original thread was here:
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=5619.msg41496#msg41496

I bought the fender mostly to stop pebbles from going into the belt at the engine cogwheel, the zero rainguard would not help anything for that (and it was first sold later than i bought mine).

I don't get wet up on my back with this and the topbox, however, as quixotic stated, it is slightly too short for becoming a perfect rainguard. It is possible though that it could be combined with the Zero one.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:02:15 AM by yhafting »

Chief_Lee_Visceral

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2016, 11:37:35 PM »

I need to remember to get one of these when I pick up my new DSR when it arrives! I ride year around in Seattle!
Current bikes:

2016 Zero DSR
2014 KTM 1190R
2011 Husaberg FE570S
2012 KTM 500EXC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2007 Honda CRF450X Rally
1987 BMW K100RS

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2016, 01:11:56 AM »

I need to remember to get one of these when I pick up my new DSR when it arrives! I ride year around in Seattle!

Nice. I started on a 2013 DS in Seattle, year-round. Make sure to use Eco-mode when it's wet out! Particularly when the leaves fall!

The OEM rear fender or the top rack will at least prevent muddy spray from hitting you from over the tail.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2016, 01:36:04 AM »

I bought mine off eBay from what seemed to be the only seller who had them in the US and shipped within a couple of days (everyone else seems to be in China or Malaysia,, places that take weeks to a month to deliver). Price was a couple of bucks more expensive, but still something like $15 delivered. Still have to put it, but seems to be a good fir just eyeballing it. Need to make some brackets for the rear...

'15 Zero SR

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »

I'm really interested on how to mount this (or any other aftermarket) fender. The options on the bike are not huge. Anyone who have installed this yet? Love to see the pictures:-)

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 02:41:20 AM »

I'm really interested on how to mount this (or any other aftermarket) fender. The options on the bike are not huge. Anyone who have installed this yet? Love to see the pictures:-)

Just have a look back on the previous pages in this thread.  There are a few photos.
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

yhafting

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »

There are some if you browse the forum, here are two more...

Mounting to the existing mudguard is easy, just simply drill a hole or two and use a screw with a big head and or washer. Mounting to the swingarm can be done in several ways, all depending on what kind of struts you can find for the job. I think quixotic solution in this thread is prettier than mine.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:36:30 PM by yhafting »

yhafting

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 11:41:19 PM »

I probably should have posted this here:
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=5619.msg48520#msg48520

- New struts for my rear wheel fender, added two pictures...

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2016, 12:38:19 AM »

Ooh that looks nice. Are the new mountings sturdier?

WoadRaider

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2016, 01:34:47 AM »

Good work yhafting, got to paint those black though. ><

As someone already mentioned, zero now sells a rain guard. I think it's $25.
perspective, use it

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2016, 01:36:43 AM »

It's a frigging €40 over here -_-

Also why not both.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4