• April 25, 2024, 01:39:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My SR is almost here!  (Read 2363 times)

GNU

• View Profile
My SR is almost here!
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:04:19 AM »

I've just learned that my bike left the factory last week and is estimated to be at the dealership on Tuesday or Wednesday.
I'm going to take Wednesday off from work to pick it up   ::)

Anything you guys want me to test when I get it?
I've got a gyro stabilized camera that I plan to use to capture some videos as soon as it's here.
2014 Zero SR

oobflyer

• View Profile
Re: My SR is almost here!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »

Looking forward to seeing the new bikes on the streets - did you order your bike with the 'Power Tank'?
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »

I've just learned that my bike left the factory last week and is estimated to be at the dealership on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've got a gyro stabilized camera that I plan to use to capture some videos as soon as it's here.

It is your duty as an EMF member to get a video asap!  Also. Does it wheelie mister?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »

I'd like to know how comfortable the seat is to sit on.  I would like to stop sitting on my air-cushion Air Hawk flotation device.   You can see where my priorities lie.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Blotman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:46 PM »

I would love to see a video with the camera pointed at the speedo, sort of like , but starting from a dead stop.
'13 Zero S ZF12.5, '15 Zero SR ZF12.5

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:15 AM »

Nice - I think you can do what ever you want as long as you share some photos and videos you can't do anything wrong - I am really envious.

BTW I don't know what your alias "GNU" stands for but coming from LINUX/UNIX it give me the idea you will share everything for free ;) maybe I can come and spent some time with your SR ;D

Have Fun!
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 12:56:20 AM »

Yeah but caution with the camera.. As you could see on youtube many bad things happen when you wear a GoPro. Always a camera to record a crash, a bear attack,...... ;D

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 03:00:09 AM »

I counted frames for plots of speed vs time and acceleration vs mph. Not super accurate, since it's using the digital speedometer which has non-zero transition time. But there you go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AubOGC_oXqHfdFRGU2F3U3d5UGp5ckd2X0Y1dDJ4Smc&output=html

If you can capture video of the SR at maximum acceleration 0 to 95 mph - safely! - I'll analyze it similarly.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:03:00 AM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:28 AM »

Cool! Will they have more than your bike available? Maybe I'll go visit to have a look! (having the same dealer)
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

GNU

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 08:49:48 AM »

Hi there!
Nopp, no power tank. I'm thinking I'll add it if needed (or build my own if possible)

It has the heated seat option. Mandatory option in Seattle?!

I think I can do better than that video. My setup is identical that used in this video:

GNU is Not Unix ;)

Brian, I wish. I think they're trying to keep it as long as they can to use it as a demo as they didn't order one themselves. They even wanted me to come and see it and then come back "a couple of days later" to pick it up...
2014 Zero SR

dc5dd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »

Brian, I wish. I think they're trying to keep it as long as they can to use it as a demo as they didn't order one themselves. They even wanted me to come and see it and then come back "a couple of days later" to pick it up...

Tell them that if the odometer goes over ?? miles you are not buying that one.  That should get them thinking twice about letting someone take it for a joyride ;D

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »

"The bad news is, we put 100 miles on your bike. The good news is, we only put 50 miles on the front tire!"
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »

Correct 
GNU is Not Unix ;)
and BSD is not allowed to be called UNIX (and I do anyway) but still believe it is one of the best even if I just write on a Lubuntu.

How is weather in Seattle? believe not the best to test you SR - be careful with your "torque monster"
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

dc5dd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 01:38:25 AM »

"The bad news is, we put 100 miles on your bike. The good news is, we only put 50 miles on the front tire!"

LOL thats funny ;D

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 02:14:48 AM »

Hi there!
Nopp, no power tank. I'm thinking I'll add it if needed (or build my own if possible)

It has the heated seat option. Mandatory option in Seattle?!

I think I can do better than that video. My setup is identical that used in this video:

GNU is Not Unix ;)

(GNU is definitely not Unix. I see we'll have software background to discuss...)

I visited our dealer this morning to get my belt tension gauge (belt tension in perfect spec after 5500 miles!), and they didn't have the 2014 models yet, and said that the first S and DS models will be demo units, and there won't be enough SR units to have demo units, so yeah they will try to get you to let it stick around a little bit, I'm sure. ;)

A heated seat sounds nice, perhaps the SR-as-premium-bike warrants that. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it myself. *shrug*

To BSDThw, Seattle is actually kind of dry this week, experiencing one of those winter fog weeks where the temperature hovers above freezing. It is an extremely good idea to test the SR carefully on a smooth street while the tires are still wearing in. I intend to meet GNU and see this in action, and of course his bike will smoke everything on the road, basically, including my DS.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1] 2