• April 26, 2024, 03:04:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: error and part of log missing  (Read 1091 times)

Humancom

• View Profile
error and part of log missing
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »

Hi Guys,

last week al of a sudden my bike started acting funny. at a traffic light the green ride light was suddenly off. after flipping the kill switch back and forth it worked again but now the charging light was blinking. i stopped the bike, the green running light went of and there i was, stuck in the middle of know where.  shutting down the bike didn't work. flipping the kill switch turns the running light on for just a second and the it goes off again.

after about an hour all of a sudden it worked again, so i quickly drove back to the office, after about 10 minutes the charging light started blinking again but i could keep riding.

now the bike is at the dealers, they don't have a clou what's going on because it's functioning normal at this point. they told me that while reading the logs they were missing the last couple of days, strange!

did any of you run in to a similar problem? or have a clue what might be the problem?

i should als mention that a couple of weeks ago the bike didn't charge, the dealer couldn't reach the BMC but after a firmware update it worked again.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. any apps for reading the logs myself?

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: error and part of log missing
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »

When the running light went out, did the dash also go blank? Did you hear a "click" when the green running light disappeared?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Humancom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »

No, no clicks or blank screen.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »

Are you sure it was the charging light and not the indicator light beside it? The indicator light will flash a particular sequence of long and short flashes to indicate a failure or notification event. For example, it has two different light sequences if the kickstand is down vs if the kickstand is up but the charger is plugged in.

You can find these indicator sequences in the back of the manual here - see Section 6.12.
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Humancom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 10:48:33 PM »

Yes, im positive it's the green charging light. That's what makes it weard!
Pages: [1]