• April 25, 2024, 01:20:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DigiNow Aftermarket Zero Parts & upgrades opens for business  (Read 5524 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
DigiNow Aftermarket Zero Parts & upgrades opens for business
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:02:02 PM »

We are not yet releasing the full line of products because we have some more work to do on them, but you can see what is available for purchase now at the DigiNow aftermarket Store.

We will build all orders as they come in so please allow us a few weeks to ship the products to you. As we sell more, we will be able to make bulk orders on all the parts we need, and have items ready to ship.

Thank you guys for your support and Happy Holidays!

-EC

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Re: DigiNow Aftermarket Zero Parts & upgrades opens for business
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 09:34:01 PM »

Awesome!  Glad to see these are available now!  It will be great to squeeze out even more performance from my favorite ride!

I noticed that a couple of the dongles do not appear to be available for 2012 models.  Is there a plan to include them?
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:07:56 AM »

I'm a bit confused. The bluetooth dongle is for all models but the mode dongle don't include 2012? Why is the reaper dongle more expensive? Can I change modes on my 2012 S with any of them?

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »

Awesome!  Glad to see these are available now!  It will be great to squeeze out even more performance from my favorite ride!

I noticed that a couple of the dongles do not appear to be available for 2012 models.  Is there a plan to include them?
I'm a bit confused. The bluetooth dongle is for all models but the mode dongle don't include 2012? Why is the reaper dongle more expensive? Can I change modes on my 2012 S with any of them?

Before we allow people to purchase the 2012  Mode Dongles, we want to make sure the profiles are just right. Each year of the bikes have slightly different interfaces on the MBB and so we just want to do a little more testing. If you are excited to get started though you can order the Blutooth or USB Basic version right now.

We are working on raising funds for all of the dongles and smart cables as well so we put what we can build now up for sale to hopefully generate some income.

Yes, the mode dongles will be available for the 2012 models :)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 01:06:21 AM »

Thanks! I've put in an order for a 6-foot USB cable to start with. I'll buy the most configurable option later (though the Touring profile still seems like what I'll settle on).
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

eyeinsky

• View Profile
    • Elevation Aerial Operation
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 04:06:43 AM »

Basic Cable for me ;)

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »

I reckon the bluetooth will work for me at the moment, I'll go for the reaper in a few months time when my warranty expires.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

SK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »

Newbie Questions:     :o

What can one actually do with one of these dongles?

Outside of voiding the warranty is it possible and very simple to mistakenly cause permanent damage to the system?

Thanks,

SK

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »

With the basic cable is it possible to download the 'modes' as they become available?

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 07:44:42 AM »

Basic Cable for me ;)

Thanks eyeinsky! Looking forward to hearing about it :)

Thanks! I've put in an order for a 6-foot USB cable to start with. I'll buy the most configurable option later (though the Touring profile still seems like what I'll settle on).

Thanks BrianTRice!!

I reckon the bluetooth will work for me at the moment, I'll go for the reaper in a few months time when my warranty expires.

Justin Andrews, you can purchase the bluetooth OBDII basic here : https://www.wepay.com/stores/diginow/item/basic-obdii-bluetooth-dongle-for-all-zero-motorcyc-316828

Also, I would like to know your opinion, should we also carry USB Bluetooth adapters for peoples computers that don't already have Bluetooth?

Thanks!

What can one actually do with one of these dongles?

With the basic Bluetooth dongle you can reprogram and debug your bike. Each year has different functionality available. You can also do things like check your battery pack cell data, bike errors and more.

Outside of voiding the warranty is it possible and very simple to mistakenly cause permanent damage to the system?

It is not easily possible to cause damage to the system without intentionally trying to do so with the profile dongles.

Reaper mode could potentially cause damage if put into extreme situations due to the programming of the bike.

All cables which allow you to directly modify your bikes programming your bike give you personally the ability to potentially mess something up. Like for example setting your max motor battery and controller temps on the 2013 S to 500 Celsius... something could burn out, melt or explode if you ride and actually get to an unsafe temperature zone.

The forums will be a good place to vet out your settings if you are messing with your bikes code. To give you an example :

When I raced my 2011 and 2012, I have my motor temps set very high! Somehow, my 2011 agni NEVER burned out ( a mystery to everyone ) and I would ride it at 80+mph for most of it's battery life, my 2012 S I would race in the heat of summer in the desert at Chuckwalla Valley Race Way with CVMA and TrackDaz and when I came in I would pour gallons of watter over the motor to start the cooling process. It was so hot the water would vaporize before making it into the motor. - These were probably extreme situations that had a possibility of damaging my bike. It is a testiment to Zero engineering though.

Also, I once programmed Terry Hershnersbike for extra range... and only did a quick parking lot test right after ( ALWAYS TEST AFTER YOU CHANGE ANYTHING!!! ). For the whole night Terry and the rest of us were stuck at less than 20mph with nearly no torque...  :D oops :) I bet he would have gotten AWESOME RANGE lol

Also, during the process of developing these, I have fried things on my bike, and off :( It is very dangerous and expensive trial and error. One very important thing that this has saved me from doing is the following :

Turning the kickstand switch sensor on and off! I fried 2 bikes removing the kickstand and shorting the sensor  for racing. You have to remove the kickstand as you go faster because you start to scrape it on the ground, and you need more lean angle. Now, I don't have to worry about that any more as I can turn it off in the code. I think this varies depending on your year model.

But all of the troubles I went through  to get this made, you guys will never have to know. When modifying your bikes, talk to each other, post about it in the forums, and, TEST out your new settings at more than parking lot speeds, in an open area not while driving at a wall ;)

Hope this helps!

-Brandon
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:48:20 AM by Electric Cowboy »

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »

I don't know what parameter you can set with your " directly modify " but there are some "Ramp Up/Down" factors e.q. how fast your throttle, brake, neutral braking react.

I once thought I do things easy at the beginning and used very slow ramping times - what happened - I opened the throttle and when the bike had its speed I closed it but  (of the slow ramp) it was still accelerating and after a delay it started to slow down. I was on a private property but the distance was limited and I was really shocked because my idea was to have set every thing very moderate! ::)

I agree with Electric Cowboy it would be good to start a "be careful to do" and a "my best results"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:40:30 AM by BSDThw »
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 04:26:01 AM »

I don't know what parameter you can set with your " directly modify " but there are some "Ramp Up/Down" factors e.q. how fast your throttle, brake, neutral braking react.

Definitely sounds like a thread for custom settings. You might like the Smart Cable when we have it ready since it comes with presets. You could flash one of those and then modify it from there.

Directly modify means you manually modifying any setting. Yes that is a good example of why you need to be careful. It also depends on how and what you were using to do the modifications. That is why I built this cable.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 06:01:18 AM »

Do these modifications effectively reprogram the Sevcon controller on the 2012+ models?

Just curious, for the moment, the bluetooth dongle has the functionality I require (additional data logging so I can understand how my bike works better)
Come in a few months time, once my warranty expires, I plan to upgrade to the sevcon size 6, at that point the Reaper dongle will become a lot more interesting to me.

I'll be ordering the Bluetooth dongle in the next day or two.
Any user documentation that I can look at?
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »

Do these modifications effectively reprogram the Sevcon controller on the 2012+ models?

Just curious, for the moment, the bluetooth dongle has the functionality I require (additional data logging so I can understand how my bike works better)
Come in a few months time, once my warranty expires, I plan to upgrade to the sevcon size 6, at that point the Reaper dongle will become a lot more interesting to me.

I'll be ordering the Bluetooth dongle in the next day or two.
Any user documentation that I can look at?
Thanks Justin! Documentation on the devices is coming, and will be shipped with the devices. I am also planning on making videos for the usage.

GOOD plan on upgrading to the Size 6! You will LOVE IT!

As far as reprogramming the Sevcon, it depends on the year bike and the setting. Some things are being set in the MBB, and some in the Sevcon. Not everything resides in one place. There are also lots of useful areas with data and sensor logs, or switches in the MBB.

-EC

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »

Also, wanted to say thank you guys very much for the orders so far!

The parts necessary to build the connectors are all on their way and slowly arriving.

Please keep the orders coming.

-EC
Pages: [1] 2