• April 25, 2024, 11:06:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Givi side mount hard case rack re-engineered for the 2013 Zero S.  (Read 1253 times)

SK

• View Profile

I tried to order these several months ago and they were on hold due to a problem with the rack kit rubbing the tire or something like that. Zero has commented that the new design is approved and the parts are on order with their supplier so the rack kit should be definitely available some time in the future.

From Zero Rep:
"Yes that is correct, sorry for the delay. I confirmed with engineering and aftersales that the new design has been approved and the parts are on order. We should receive these items in and dispatch them to all backordered customers. Thanks again for your patience, the design change needed to be validated, tested and sent to the manufacture to start building the replacements and it has been time intensive."

SK

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Givi side mount hard case rack re-engineered for the 2013 Zero S.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 12:40:32 AM »

That sounds good. The rack kit on my DS has worked well, and was ordered and installed several months ago. Of course, the DS would have more clearance than the S model for this sort of thing. It sounds like they've adjusted the design and instructions a bit since then, anyway.

I think my one long-term concern is keeping anti-corrosion oil in the rack tubes to protect them. So that's good to do if you ride in the wet regularly.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]