• March 29, 2024, 02:30:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'm trying a bigger windscreen  (Read 1294 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
I'm trying a bigger windscreen
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:06:24 AM »

I started by using the dual sport windscreen. It was a big improvement even in summer to avoid insect crashes !!!
But for the winter I wanted something more protective. The Zero windscreen is a MRA one. So I took a Vario Windscreen from them with mounting on the handlebar: https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navigationPath//1.Sortiment/0.html?mral=1&type=%281524%2C19%2C0%29&form=%28178%2C20%2C0%29&spr=D
Several comments: first I choose the clear windscreen as I'm riding buy night under the rain and I must see in front of me also !!!
The protection is great, the main difference with the Dual Sport can be feel on the fact that my shoulders are now protected !
The vario option is great but when it's raining I must DOWNED the vario screen so I have plenty of wind on my helmet to clear the helmet screen from rain
I've put some pictures of my install, first setting trial: try to put the windscreen forward so you can duck behind when cruising on the highway. I may have to do a little cut so cars can still see my stroboscopic lights
Laurent

Crawling Finn

Re: I'm trying a bigger windscreen
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 02:33:55 AM »

That looks well protective. Does it keep road grime off your visor?
This Thursday will be 6 month anniversary of me ordering my bike with the dual sport screen - got the bike but still waiting for the screen. I might go for this one instead.

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »

Oh yes it's really protective for the helmet on the full up position. But as on all my bikes with "big" windscreens, under the rain you will have to put your head in the wind regulary so the wind clears out the water droplets on your visor. I'm doing this by putting my head up and front over the windscreen from time to time.
This screen is also protective in the horizontal axis, it greatly reduces the cold on my shoulder compare with the dual sport.
But for summer I use my windscreen mainly for insect protection and there the dual sport is enough and also nicer for the Zero look !!!
Laurent

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »

And futhermore with this windscreen, I have less aerodynamical drag, I'm setting the eco mode to 0% regen coasting and 100% regen braking. I'm really able to "coast" with no throttle more often now, and I use a small input of front brake to enable the regen braking without hydraulic braking when approching a red light, a turn, etc... Request smooth riding, not a thing I'm use to usually, but now that the road are extremely slippery it's the good way of driving...

dc5dd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »

In the US you can find the windshields and mounts on ebay or twistedthrottle.com 8).  Laurent just out of curiosity did you try this windshield http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-v-flow-x-creen-sport-screen-style-vfxs-windshield-for-naked-sport-bikes-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:45:02 AM by dc5dd »

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 10:00:20 PM »

Hi, indeed I had seen this screen on the maker internet site but at that time it was not available to buy. I have the same mini-scren on top on my ICE scooter, it's making a nice anti-turbulence device. But I don't know if the lower screen will be nice with it pointed shape above the headlight.
Laurent

dc5dd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 11:33:27 PM »

Looks nice though hopefully it has the right balance of aerodynamics and style ;D
Pages: [1]