• March 29, 2024, 05:41:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BRD Redshift to sell at BMW MC SF 2014  (Read 1743 times)

Olav

• Custom Title
    • View Profile
BRD Redshift to sell at BMW MC SF 2014
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P3bSFjH1nk0

"BRD is bringing a whole new dimension to the electric motorcycle market. BRD's bikes are built to outperform their internal combustion counterparts, not just be green for green's sake. This is an approach to electric motorcycles we can get behind which is why we're gonna sell 'em! Coming to BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco in 2014... BRD Motorcycles!"

This is great news. I like the Redshift SM and all the top notch components that it comes with.

The team seems to have a great design philosophy too boot.

One thing I haven't noticed on their SM is what their gauge cluster is going to be?

A mobile device attached?

Most of the info I get about the company is in comments from their exec team from stories.

KTM E-XC Freeride

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: BRD Redshift to sell at BMW MC SF 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:40:20 AM »

I hope Redshift can finally get their bikes to the showroom floor next year.  SF BMW is not a bad shop to sell them.  They should do well in SF as long as they have a model designed for street riding.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Marshm

• View Profile
Re: BRD Redshift to sell at BMW MC SF 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »

Yes nice goal to go head to head with gas.  I don't think they have to stick to that though to make a great bike.  It depends on what type of gas bike I suppose.  One thing that looks like a big problem is the battery pack being square at the front bottom.  When I cross a log, stump, or rocks, that leading edge is going to get pounded and break something.  Seems like a supermoto setup will be ok, maybe mx track also, but outdoors woods I am concerned.  Their webpage says it is made to be ridden on trails, and tough to handle crashes.  I am good at breaking stuff.   

Unfortunately seat height is high like gas bikes.  Zero kept that lower which is nice.  Maybe a guy could make a new subframe to lower the seat since there doesn't appear to be anything under there. 

Will be nice to see them actually finish the project and put the bikes up for sale.  Then comparison articles can be written instead of articles on Zero's bikes alone instead of comparing to other electrics. 
Pages: [1]