• April 26, 2024, 08:37:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2013 Zero sales  (Read 2246 times)

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Zero sales
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »

Don't forget you could fit a reverse switch!

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 12:15:11 AM »

I am hoping for a breakthrough where they can pack more power into less weight.

I read recently, in a technical newsletter I receive, about the development of the lithium-sulpher battery. It has four times the power to weight ratio of the present day Li ion battery. So, we could either reduce the weight of the battery by a factor of four and go the same distance or stay the same weight and go four times farther. A nice choice to have! Further more, the battery won't flame if over-charged or over-heated. It didn't say anything about physical size, compared to Li ion, however.

The university that developed the lab model said it would be easy to put into production since there was nothing difficult involved in construction.

I hope they don't hit any unforeseen technical "snags" that would kill the development and that we hear more about this soon.

Trikester

LiveandLetDrive

• View Profile
    • If you must cage, cage well.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »

I met someone involved in that research and she had nothing bad to say about it.  Lots of technologies on the cusp of coming to fruition out there.  We're going to look back at where we are like we now look back at flat head Fords!
2013 Zero FX, 2005 Triumph Sprint ST, 2000 Triumph Tiger, 1970 Triumph T100R Daytona, 1970 Honda SL100  (Latter three for sale!)
Pages: 1 [2]