• April 25, 2024, 07:13:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2010 Zero X : it's modding time!  (Read 1653 times)

zlagger

• View Profile
2010 Zero X : it's modding time!
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »

Here is my 2010 Zero X.  It has had a street legal conversion done.  So I do have it registered and have ridden it to work a bit.

While the battery pack is performing as it should, I feel like I want to push a bit more performance and range out of her.  So, it's time for a little open heart surgery.

zlagger

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:06:26 PM »

Stage 1 - Better information!

The 6 LED battery gauge really leaves a lot of guess work with these Zero packs.  I want to know how many Amps I'm pulling, the Wh of the pack, and real SOC.

For that, I picked up a Cycle Analyst.  This is a great tool. This will provide valuable information.

Opened up!

Testing the shunt

Installed

zlagger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:12:16 PM »

Stage 2 -  bumping up the power!

Today I received the upgraded controller.  This will allow me to run a 72V pack rather than the factory 48V.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Zero X : it's modding time!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »

so essentially you are moving to 2012 spec? Will you swap the motor out for an Agni?

I have been very tempted recently to pick up an older X cheap and rebuild the pack up to 96V or so, possibly with Lipo and improve the cooling of the Agni to run more power.  The bike would be alot of fun with more go!

zlagger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »

so essentially you are moving to 2012 spec? Will you swap the motor out for an Agni?

I have been very tempted recently to pick up an older X cheap and rebuild the pack up to 96V or so, possibly with Lipo and improve the cooling of the Agni to run more power.  The bike would be alot of fun with more go!

I see this as a 2 stage plan.  I would like to use the Agni if I can find one that is not crazy expensive.  For now, I'll push the perm hard & find it's limits.  When the perm is toast next summer, then I'll move to stage 2.

Stage 2 will be a brushless build to get to 2013 specs.  I would just jump there now, but I would like to keep initial cost down.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »

The biggest mechanical problem, when changing to the 2013 motor, will be size and the different mounting it uses and with chain (belt) adjustment at the rear axle. I believe that Doc figured out that it would fit the 2011 S but I haven't seen any posting by anyone who has looked at the 2010 X for fit. It will be interesting when you tackle that project and see what you come up with.

Trikester

zlagger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 03:30:34 AM »

The biggest mechanical problem, when changing to the 2013 motor, will be size and the different mounting it uses and with chain (belt) adjustment at the rear axle. I believe that Doc figured out that it would fit the 2011 S but I haven't seen any posting by anyone who has looked at the 2010 X for fit. It will be interesting when you tackle that project and see what you come up with.

Trikester

I work as a CNC machinist.  So I can make new mounting brackets.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 05:34:06 AM »

I will keep an eye on that thread ;)

Did you got the connections for the 2011 speedo?

I had two  agni 95R that i sold for 700$ each few month ago... sometime is just a question of timing...

I have 3x 2010 X that all have something deffective, Well i would sai i have alot of parts including battery 2010 X case ! so even if you want to build a pack that could fit perfect to your frame it could be a great solution!

I will build one fully working 2010 X with my 16s2p A123 packs of 40Ah 52V for this winter. I plan on installing some agressive stuffed tires for the snow ;)

That will be my 2nd Zero use while my 2010S will be sleeping quietly until the summer 2014.

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

eyeinsky

• View Profile
    • Elevation Aerial Operation
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 07:05:25 AM »

I will be fallowing this tread closely.

Jerry

zlagger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »

I will keep an eye on that thread ;)

Did you got the connections for the 2011 speedo?

I had two  agni 95R that i sold for 700$ each few month ago... sometime is just a question of timing...

I have 3x 2010 X that all have something deffective, Well i would sai i have alot of parts including battery 2010 X case ! so even if you want to build a pack that could fit perfect to your frame it could be a great solution!

I will build one fully working 2010 X with my 16s2p A123 packs of 40Ah 52V for this winter. I plan on installing some agressive stuffed tires for the snow ;)

That will be my 2nd Zero use while my 2010S will be sleeping quietly until the summer 2014.

Doc

Doc, every time I hear from you, I find myself buying more stuff.  Your like the Zero crack dealer I just can't get enough.  I'll take the battery box, PM me a price.

Speedo connection...hmm I think so.  I'll see how it looks when your package arrives.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 01:54:56 AM »

Ok for the battery box ;)

You might need the cable and connector for the speedo. Normally it work with the MBB but i tking there is few analogue input or pulse input for speed.

I know that it<s a Kosov brand ( not sure teh exact name) and that ther eis an existing document showing the connections on teh internet.

Anyway i have the  schematic of the 2010 and 2011.

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
Pages: [1]