• April 27, 2024, 07:22:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tucano Urbano Nylon Hand Grip Cover and Gaucho  (Read 5018 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
Tucano Urbano Nylon Hand Grip Cover and Gaucho
« on: October 07, 2013, 10:54:38 PM »

Hello,
winter is coming fast and for my DS I'd like the same protections I used to have on my scooter:
-The hand cover: http://www.tucanourbano.it/catalogo/item/manopole-nylon?categoryFullPath=termoscud_e_coprimanopole&materiale=nylon
-The Gaucho: http://www.tucanourbano.it/Catalogo/item/gaucho-en-US?categoryFullPath=termoscud_e_coprimanopole%2Fgaucho
Both are VERY protective, I can tell you !!!

But of course no size list for my Zero DS. I've tried the hand cover R317 model from my BMW C1 scooter: they fit ! Have a look to the attached pictures.
The way I see it both the R317 and R319 hand grip could fit, but what's the difference between them ?

For the Gaucho it seems that most bike are doing well with the R117 and R118 models but again, what's the difference ?
Have a safe ride
Laurent

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
Re: Tucano Urbano Nylon Hand Grip Cover and Gaucho
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »

I'd just emailed a question to Tucano Urbano to try to get answers to my questions. I'll keep you inform....

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

These look perfect! I have been missing the excellent rain protection that my V-Strom's generous handguards provide, and Seattle is quickly becoming the wet city that everyone knows.

However, apparently they do not export to the USA. I may go with Hippo Hands, but these look like a better fit. I'll udpate when I find a way to order them.

EDIT: I found that Urban Rider in the UK offered a good price and shipping option, so I've ordered and will probably completely enjoy them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:59:45 PM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »

Didn't know they were not sold in the US. Urbano Tucano is THE first choice here in Europe for scooter protection.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »

Didn't know they were not sold in the US. Urbano Tucano is THE first choice here in Europe for scooter protection.

Apparently there are a couple of UK scooter accessory companies that will ship them to the US. So, no in-person demo, but it'll work fine for me. Thanks!

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05:30 AM »

Wait a little before ordering so maybe I will have a chance to know the difference between the models and post it !!!
Laurent

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 03:30:47 AM »

The product that has been sold in the U.S. for the past 40 years (or more) is called Hippo Hands.  It used to sell for around $15 (40 years ago - or more), but I think it goes for much more now.  No doubt someone with sewing skills could make a set of those bar covers for a lot less using black vinyl, leather, or some similar material.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:46 AM »

Wait a little before ordering so maybe I will have a chance to know the difference between the models and post it !!!
Laurent

If you mean the Zero S model, sure, owners of that bike would have to judge the fit separately. But I have a 2013 Zero DS, so I should get the exact results you have already since I've ordered the R317. It's already rainy here, so I don't want to waste my gloves any more getting wet.

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »

Sure, I also want to have them for November at last because as you said it's not only for the cold but also for the rain. Very usefull even if it's giving a bad look to a nice motorcycle !!!
Laurent

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »

No news from Tucano right now but after having searched the web I think the hand grip covers R319 will be best. They are the ones for the BMW G650 Xmoto which shares the large handlebar with mirrors but no weighted stabilizer. Now searching the "Gaucho"...

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 07:40:54 PM »

Ok, so I had a reply from not directly Urbano Tucano but a shop specialized in these products.
The hand covers are the R319.
The Gaucho should be the R118. R117 is for very small bikes and R119 for huge bikes.
I'm gonna order both and will post pictures !
Laurent

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »

Do get the right sort.

I recall many years ago getting a set of generic brand ones and fitting them to my ER5, blasting down the motorway I wondered why my bikes power had taken a real hit, as it was refusing to go much above 65mph.

Concerned I pulled over to the side of the road where I noticed a dull red glow from my front brake disc...  :o

Seems the wind was hitting the cheap generic brand hand warmer and jamming on the front brake.  >:(
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »

Urbano Tucano are the best out here in Europe. I had them on my BMW C1 and then on two Gilera Fuoco 500. I can't stand a winter without them ! The Gaucho has inflatable side so it won't float when speeding.
Laurent

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 01:07:12 AM »

Vectrix sold these as an official accessory, below is a photo of them fitted to my bike. I also use the thermoscud in the winter. Very comfortable and allows me to ride far below freezing temperatures.

http://twitpic.com/38va3u/full

Once you go EV, gas is history!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »

So, I have them installed, but they move around a bit, and block some of my view through the side mirrors. How do you make sure that they're appropriately fitted and firmly attached? I followed the instructions, but they rotate a lot and it feels like I can't take my hands in and out easily right now, and I'm a little uncomfortable operating the bike in traffic like this - not speedy enough operating the turn signal and brakes. That said, this is day one of my test, so I hope to figure this out.
Pages: [1] 2 3