• April 27, 2024, 10:56:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zero in DANGER in QUEBEC, CANADA?...  (Read 4435 times)

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
Zero in DANGER in QUEBEC, CANADA?...
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »

Hi All

There is something very important i would like  to solve now about Zero and the Canada and Quebec sales.

Zero Motorcycle seem to have ZERO (0) promotion plan for the Quebec and probably Canada !!! so no one can discover this product and  this product and even know that Electric Motorcycles EXIST  !!!

in the Past, We had Kent Aubichon ( a very great guy living in Montreal) that was the Canadian Zero manager, but he no longer work for Zero after he refused to move to Florida for Zero.

Guess what?... There is  actually nobody that replace him in Canada !! temporarely it seem that it's Genn Wakefield but he is living in the US.. ::)

What i'm saying is that Zero is in a Danger zone about the Quebec Canada sales!

Btw Quebec is certainly one of the best place for Zero sales since we have clean hydro energy and alot of motorcyclist !..  and.. as well a beautifull territory.

The only Zero that people know here are the OLD white X and MX motorcoss that suffer of low range ... and the lastest was the 2012 that appeard in a TV show 18 month ago...

The 2013 are totally not promoted  to Canadian customers and the 2014 will probably not too... unless they decide to make a search on internet.. but the product have not real publicity.

Worst: We have in Canada a Book called: "Le Guide de la Moto" wich is a reference about all existing motorcycle, spec and price that people buy every years to discover the new model.

Guess what?... Zero are not in that book !! 
http://www.leguidedelamoto.com/[/url] All other brand  are but it'S like Zero is not a motorcycle...  ::)

Now I need any information to contact Glenn, I have to speak with him about better promotional actions.

URGENT !!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:29:51 PM by Doctorbass »
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Zero in DANGER in CANADA?...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »

When Zero was first starting up in 2009 and 2010 (and had little if any product to sell) they had a terrific marketing and advertizing promotional plan.  They got their name in the newspapers, on the internet and in magazines, seemingly almost every month.  Then, oddly, once they started selling their production bikes in 2012, their promotional efforts seemed to really slip, in my view.  They really need to up their game by at least entering motorcycle shows, get more comprehensive magazine reviews and dump a little money into marketing and advertizing.  If they don't do this, their dealers will not be happy and sales will slip, compared with what they might otherwise be.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

dkw12002

• View Profile
Re: Zero in DANGER in QUEBEC, CANADA?...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

If I was with marketing Zero, I would be contacting Dr. Bass to see if he might be interested in becoming the rep for Quebec.

aaronzeromoto

• View Profile
    • Zero Motorcycles
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »

Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your post.  We actually have two people supporting Canada.  Glenn on the East side and Jeff on the West side.  I have passed along a link to your post to them and our Director of North American sales to be sure they hear your concerns.

Regards,
aaronzeromoto
@aaronzeromoto
Zero Motorcycles
Director of Customer Experience

2018 Zero DSR + 6kW Charge Tank
2016 Zero FXS
2015 Zero DS + 2.5 kW Charge Tank
2014 Zero SR + Power Tank
2013 Zero DS ZF11.4, Zero FX ZF5.7 and Zero XU 2.8
2007 Yamaha V Star

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »

Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your post.  We actually have two people supporting Canada.  Glenn on the East side and Jeff on the West side.  I have passed along a link to your post to them and our Director of North American sales to be sure they hear your concerns.

Regards,
aaronzeromoto

Hello aaronzeromot,

Thanks for the feedback regarding my request.  As i said THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SOME CHANGE TO THE ACTUAL SITUATION.  I have contacted all our 5 dealers we have here in Quebec province( see below)  and they all agree to say that since Kent have quit Zero, there is absolutly nothing done to make any publicity to the great products. They just feel that Glenn have too much territory to cover and just can not cover enough Canada East as it should. I also feel that all dealers feel bad about that and their sales suffer too.  Some of them even wonder if they will keep the brand... wich is disastrous.

I wold  suggest a great low cost solution to help the situation wich at least would make alot more people to knwo the Zero product and be positive for everybody including Zero sales increase

All the known and popular references book/magazine that people use to discover new auto and motorcycles  products, like the great book “LE GUIDE DE LA MOTO 2013” does not mention any existence of the Zero motorcycle!! Wich  make none sense! People will see all the new Ducati, Yamaha etc. but nothing about even the existence of electric motorcycles…!

All available electric car are mentioned in the automotive version of that book/magazine.. so why not making some effort to allow people to discover this great product !

There is an  important person that is the Editor in chief and his name is Bertrand Gahel    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bertrand-gahel/1a/950/bb/en

Glenn Wakefield MUST  contact him !! HE IS THE MAN TO CONTACT that will help people to discover Zero and by the same way improve sales of Zero in Quebec/ Canada

I have spoken to Mr. Gahel last week and he said that he heard about Zero but never been contacted by anyone from Zero… This have to change!  He shows real interest to meet Zero rep for a demo and a review. Then he would be in perfect position to include Zero in any reference magazine or book every  years.

The new 2013 and 2014 model are awesome and I believe they reached a level where people can really consider buying electric instead of gas motorcycle.  It’s 1/3  of the cost of an electric car and is also  the excellent alternative for people that cannot afford an electric car!  These are also really amazing to drive and open a completely new way to appreciate motorcyclism.

Here are all our Quebec dealers that all wait for some great move from zero to improobe any marketing and publicity for the lastest model:

Univers Traction Sports
8380 boul. Ste-Anne
Chateau Richer, QC, Canada
(418) 972-3334

Equipment Les Chutes
975 5ième avenue,
Shawinigan-Sud, QC, Canada
(819) 537-5136

Motosport Newman Pierrefonds
14400 Boulevard Pierrefonds
Sainte-Genevieve, QC, Canada
(514) 626-1919

Moto Gatineau
656, boul Maloney Est
Gatineau, QC, Canada
(819) 663-6162

Les Enterprises Denis Boisvert
2 Rue Queen
Sherbrooke, QC, Canada

Wondering why i'm doing all this ? Because i strongly believe in that product and his future on our large territory of Quebec!!  period!

Doc

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:28 AM »

I heard that zero had closed Canada
like it closed UK

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »

like it closed UK

Zero has closed UK? Not as far as I know.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:13 AM »

like it closed UK

I would doubt that cold happen. I spoke with  Mr Wakefiells  onthe phone last week about Canada Zero sales. He said that the problem with low Canada sales is apparently  due to few bad circunstances. ( Language barrier, the Transport Canada guys that are not easy to deal with and few other rediculous things..)

But i'm sure Zero woud have great future here is there would be more work on publicity. People just dont know that electric motrocycles exist here.. but if they would the would buy them as well...

If Zero say there is not enough sales in canada.. it's not the fault of Canada.... it's because there is not enough work to make zero to be discovered by Canadian that's it.

Here in Quebec, Canada  we have Hydro electricity that supply 98% of all our electricity and we export some to the US. This make these motorcycle to be REALLY GREEN...  another great reason why i believe that these HAVE TO BE promoted.

Doc

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 02:35:15 AM »

Zero has closed in the UK for sure. citing low sales as the reason. Check their web site, you will not see any dealers. Zero pulled the dealers off their site before even telling the dealers ( nice  :-[)
If Canada has the same low sales then it will go the same way

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 02:46:37 AM »

Zero has closed in the UK for sure. citing low sales as the reason. Check their web site, you will not see any dealers. Zero pulled the dealers off their site before even telling the dealers ( nice  :-[)

You are right, my dealer (Jersey) is still there though, I think in legal terms we are part of the British Isles but not officially in the UK.  Although Jersey is always referred to as UK.  Why has there not been a press release about this and will parts and support still be offered?  Very very poor show from Zero if this is true and not some kind of IT screwup.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 03:43:08 AM »

The odd thing is that most of the Zero management employees that I have met seem to have British accents.  I sure hope they don't pull the plug on the rest of Europe.  I think that Europe has the biggest sales potential for electric vehicles in the world.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »

The odd thing is that most of the Zero management employees that I have met seem to have British accents.  I sure hope they don't pull the plug on the rest of Europe.  I think that Europe has the biggest sales potential for electric vehicles in the world.
when I discussed the international sales strategy with Neal and the Sales VP they said that Europe was 50% of world sales and a much more mature market than the USA. They have recently got rid of the old European head who was real idiot and is one of the reasons for the failure, its a shame they couldn't turn it around after he left. I think jersey is still there because they can service it from France. Their strategy seemed to be employing people rather than shipping bikes that people could ride. Mentalists! :P

nicktulloh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »

like it closed UK

Here in Quebec, Canada  we have Hydro electricity that supply 98% of all our electricity and we export some to the US. This make these motorcycle to be REALLY GREEN...  another great reason why i believe that these HAVE TO BE promoted.

Doc

Green unless you're Cree or one of the 10,000 dead elk. Northern Pass is trying to import electricity from Hydro Quebec into and through New Hampshire. We're going to stop them. How about the land rights HQ is transferring to the oil companies?

It's all relative these days. HQ is probably less bad than shale, fracking etc but I wouldn't braga bout it.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 12:33:14 AM »

Confirmed. Europe will apparently manage whats left of the UK operation, and one of the ex-dealers has agreed to handle outstanding warranties.
From what I hear Zero will look at re-entering the UK in a couple of years time (maybe)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »

I got the numbers for the Zero registrations in Quebec, Canada for 2013.

Here they are:

Zero S:
up to 31dec 2012: 2
up to   Sept 2013: 8
Sale un 2013: 6

Zero DS:
up to 31dec 2012: 3
up to   Sept 2013: 6
Sale un 2013: 3

Zero XU:
up to 31dec 2012: 2
up to   Sept 2013: 3