• April 25, 2024, 04:05:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2009 Zero MX suspension and power upgrade, ideas required...  (Read 1139 times)

zap mc

• View Profile
2009 Zero MX suspension and power upgrade, ideas required...
« on: September 15, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »

I want to upgrade the suspension on a 2009 Zero MX to make it more competitive that the pathetic 9" travel, has anyone done this or have any ideas?
Also

want to upgrade the battery to the new 72v setup ( presumably the perm motor will take it ) what will I need to do this?
Zero 72v battery
Charger ( will the old deltaQ charger be able to be reprogrammed with new software? )
on board bms ( can the old one be reprogrammed? has anyone ever hacked it to see how it works?)
controller?

any insight gratefully received

Clayman

• View Profile
Re: 2009 Zero MX suspension and power upgrade, ideas required...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:57:58 AM »

I just joined this today.  I have a 2009X with the light kit, heavy duty forks and perm motor.

I just don't have a powered battery.  Having issues with it since I bought it.  Was a dealer for 2 years with ZERO

help.

Clay

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:52:34 AM »

What exactly do you mean by powered battery?

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:03:58 PM »

You can not reprogram a stock "48V" delta Q to 72V. The component inside can not reach that limit.

You will need to buy another cahrger of 72V or add a 24V cahrger in serie with this one an dthat have a bit more curent rating than the delta Q. also you will ned to add a protection diode in parallel to each of the the deltaQ and the added 24v. the 24V can be a simple meanwell power supply of 500W availlable on ebay.

That way you will be able to use your stock deltaQ to cahrge your upgraded 72V battery.

btw wich battery are you planing to add?

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

shredmas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »

I have the same year XE model. Just live with it. I use mine for more trials type riding because of the suspension limitations. I also looked into doing what you wanted to do. Then I went out and bought a YZ for going fast and jumping big. But still love my Zero for tight technical riding.
Pages: [1]