• April 26, 2024, 10:08:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: no charging, just lots of clicking  (Read 3401 times)

Spenny818

• View Profile
Re: no charging, just lots of clicking
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 07:56:38 AM »

Was your issue just the clicking bumblebee? Or was your bike having other charging issues as well?

bumblebee

• 2013 Zero S
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »

before this happened had to bring it in for firmware upgrade to controller.  it worked fine then brought it to work pluged it in at home to charge next day was going to work in morning and noticed no green charged lamp in morning along with wird clicking pattern.  I was missing only one bar so I drove it to work and when I was home plugged it never showed the green charging light again and only 2 bars left.
Zero said to check fuses(they were ok) and red L.E.D. on charge controller under seat in front of fuses.  Zero said it should blink once when you plug bike in.  L.E.D. never came on and I decided it needed to go back to dealer.
2013 Zero S
Shoei GT Air Helmet
Hit Air Jacket

Use to own Hodaka Road Toad and a 1965 Triumph Bonaville, also Honda 4cyln 650cc

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »

Maybe the firmware dump became corrupted somewhere between Zero and your bike's brain. 
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Spires

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 02:22:21 AM »

Mine started clicking too.. I'm STILL waiting for the part to arrive. I have had my bike for a couple of months now and have only really had it out one time where it ran correctly. Just sitting in my garage plugged in, I've had one batter and now the charge controller break. Ive had nothing but trouble with my 2014 FX since I've owned it.

bumblebee

• 2013 Zero S
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 06:47:57 AM »

It appears the charge controller board has been updated.
Just got my bike back and notice no clicking sounds when bike charges.  Service manager says board was replaced with what they put in 2014 models.  It has a plastic cover and solid state relays.  I believe old board had relays that switched across each battery cell and measured voltage of each cell.  Also the relays are used to switch across each cell to charge them.  Relays suck and am glad they updated the board.  Happy to have bike again. ;D ;D
2013 Zero S
Shoei GT Air Helmet
Hit Air Jacket

Use to own Hodaka Road Toad and a 1965 Triumph Bonaville, also Honda 4cyln 650cc
Pages: 1 [2]